cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration steps not copied from Template project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are creating a project using an existing template project (our own defined). The business processes are copied but the configuration steps and documentation in configuration does not come in the new project (SOLAR02).

Could any one help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you assigned the attribute in the template project for the business scenario which you have added like

standard complete /global/ harmonized ..etc.

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

No I have not. Could you tell me in detail what configuration need to be done in the template project

Sangram

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goto solar01 transaction here first choose the business scenario of ur template project which you have added in the structure tab on the right side you have something known as attribute column

Here choose the appropriate one for you

Global

A process is global when it is integrated throughout the enterprise, that is, it is cross-functional or cross-organizational. An element that is flagged as global cannot be changed in a Local Rollout, i.e. the structure element and all associated business content is pre-determined.

Standard Complete

A process is standardized if it must be executed in the same way in the entire enterprise (in all relevant organizational units). A standardized complete element (and its business content) can be seen as a proposition from the Global Template that should be used as delivered. However the local team may extend the structure element with additional substructures and with additional business content.

Standard Partial

A process is standardized if it must be executed in the same way in the entire enterprise (in all relevant organizational units). A standardized partial element (and its business content) can be seen as a proposition from the Global Template that should be used as delivered, but the process consist of sub-processes that are locally regulated by legal requirement and these need to be defined on a local level. The local team can design own process if agreed by the parent company. Therefore the local team may extend the structure element with additional substructures and with additional business content. Template business content may even be changed or deleted by the local team. Whenever a template object is deleted there is a warning message.

Harmonized

These Business Process, Master Data, Organizational Units will be standardized in the future. It is recommended that the Local Rollout uses the harmonized structure elements. A process is harmonized if it is recommended to execute the process in a specific way. Harmonization is a first step towards standardization, but without mandatory elements. One reason can be for organizational readiness or many legal requirements preventing standardization. For the local teaam the same activities are allowed/forbidden as for Standard Partial.

Local

A process is local if it is not possible or it makes no sense to define it as global, standardized, or harmonized. Local units must design this process for their needs. These processes are necessary for obtaining an executable system for testing. For the local teaam the same activities are allowed/forbidden as for Standard Partial.

Note You can use the pass tab available next to +/- button which is used to pass this attribute which you have assign to the lower levels.

Hope you got what you are looking for

Regards

Prakhar

Edited by: Prakhar Saxena on Mar 20, 2009 2:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Thanks a lot for

Whatever business process procedures defined in SOLAR01 that I am getting in the new project. That is because I choose those at the time of creation of project in scope>template project. But there are some configuration defined in SOLAR02. I do not get these in the new project.

But if I create a project taking template "BP_BLUS360 - SAP Best Practices Baseline Package US V3.60" I get both the business processes as well as the configuration steps.

Thanks

Sangram

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First goto solar_project_admin and inside ur template project

here just check Templates tab where it will list out ur template which you have defined.

Check if you are having GREEN indicator if not make by the Visibility button