cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg : checklist for security upgrade from 4.7 to Ecc6

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

I want to know what all we have to do as a security consultant during the time of upgrade or after upgrade .I want to have the checklist for upgrade from 4.7 to ecc 6.Step by step proceudre any doc would be appreciated .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish,

We had very good discussion long time back on security upgrade. I guess that thread is still open. If you search with "Security Upgrade: u will get thread questioned by George G. Go through that , it contains all the key issues that we have to consider while doing security upgrade.

Regards,

Sneha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sneha ,

I wanted to know very specific to version 4.7 to ecc6 .Is it different for different versions or else it is the same for all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish,

The thread with subject " Upgrade 46C to ECC 6 0 STEP BY STEP ---Developing " talks about upgrade from 46C and ECC6.0 only. Please go through this thread and let me know if you have any specific questions.

Regards,

Sneha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sneha,

I wanted to know the step by step procedure for security upgradation from 4.7 to ecc6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For security upgrade u need to do following steps :-

First run the SU25 2A, 2B ,2C, 2D steps successfully.

2A and 2B steps just compares the old system tcodes and new system tcodes.

Step 2C - shows the list of roles that are affected in upgrading.

Step 2D - shows the new tcodes introduced in new systems.

First complete the 2C step, click on one by one role it will get the screen of authorization objects , where as u can see the new authorizations that are got addeded.

There are three types of new authorization objects get introduced while upgrading :-

Standard New - it is the standard authorization objects introduced for corresponding new tcodes.

Manually new - It shows the authorization objects which were manually added in old system. Some of the values got updated for this also.

Standard Updated - Updated means , in old system if you have kept the standard values as it is, SAP has updated these standard values( u can check this one in SU24 check indicators).

After maintaining all new authorization objects , you can save it and generate the profile.The back to SU25 2C step shows it as green signal.

SU25, 2C step also contains the new SAP roles introduced.

After generating all profiles in SU25 2C step, you can jump to 2D step.

SU25 2D step-

If you execute these step, it will show the list of roles and old tcode and corresponding new tcode.

If business wants to use new tcode , then u can replace old tcodes by new one by clicking on automatically adjust menu. Otherwise go to manually adjust menu and generate the profile.

The new tcodes are introduced in 2D step , this doesn't means the old tcodes are no longer exists in new system. We have to check manually for each and every tcode.Some tcode does not exists in new systems. FOr e.g. RZ02 is replaced by RZ20 in ECC6. RZ02 no longer existss in ECC6.

I just copied and pasted the same answer from earlier security thread.

Regards,

Sneha

Answers (0)