cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Types of Scheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daer SAP PS Experts !

Please help me out in the following sitiuation.

We have forward scheduling in out company : Such That the users knows the start date of the project and they put in the relationships in the activity and contraints.

They want to arraive at the dates of the project ending via scheduling .

What is the project profile should be used from the following :

Sched. scenario What should I choose : 1. bottom up 2.Top down 3. Free Scheduling

They Will put the dates in the Sub level networks and relationships which will add up to the dates of the Projcet Level. So should this be bottom Up?

Regards,

CS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The scheduling can be of two types, - forward scheduling and backward scheduling.

For forward scheduling, the system takes the start date as the initial point and then make out the end date with the constraints as duration and the relationship among activities.

I think the approach should be a free scheduling so that the system can proposes the slack time and the float for the scheduling.

Uddhab

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use bottom-up-forward scheduling for your scenario.

Go to IMG --> PS --> Dates --> Date Planning in WBS --> Define parameters for WBS scheduling

do the appropriate settings.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you know the start date...use forward scheduling type...and u want to roll up the scheduled dates from activities to the project level so use bottom up scenario for WBS