cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Output Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I have a tricky situation without delivery output. Please go through the entire problem I am describing step by step. We have a plant 0110 with shipping point assigned to it as 0110. Any orders created with that plant will have shpping point 0110 determined and delivery output created. The output gets printed at 0110 plant. Now, we have decided to also subcontract. So, what happens is when an order comes in by EDI, it comes as standard order with item category TAN. Our planners then decide whether it should be made in house or subcontracted. If they want in house production then they keep the order as it is. If they want to subcontract, they then chnage the item category to TAB. At this point what happens is a PO is raised and then MIGO is done in plant 0110. Then a delivery is created from plant/shippingpoint 0110. All this is ok but when the output gets printed, we want it to be printed at 0110 plant and if it is a subcontracted delivery then we want it at some other place (say the subcontractor) who is not a plant or shipping point. Please note that our outputs get printed in Batch. One idea I thought of is defining and assigning a new shipping point as 0111 (subcontractor) to plant 0110. So when a delivery gets created for shipping point 0111 it will get printed at 0111. But the problem is teh shipping point in the order will be 0110 as shipping conditions will be same, loading group will be same and plant same as well. we do not want to create a new plant just for this. Now, somebody has to change the shipping point in teh order to 0111 for this entire idea to work but some how we want minimal user interaction.

Any ideas ? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Vidya Sagar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

e

former_member648947
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vidya Sagar,

I Hope I understood your Problem Correctly. My MM knowledge is limited but hope will help to give some clue.

as per my understanding I think there are two checks which you can try.

Check - 1) a) Create a new condition table with item category field. e.g Sales org/dist chnl/divi/plant/item

category. please do not add shipping point as it will not serve the purpose.

b) Add the table at the first place as it is most specific. and check exclusive indicator.

so shipping point will remain same for TAN, or TAB

check 2) Print parameter in output. see if it is Shipping Point and change it to e.g sales Org.

Will appreciate if let me know progress over it

Regards,

Paresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

Thanks for the response. I was just wondering that since the item category is an item level field, would teh access pick up. In any case, let me try and see.

Thanks & Regards,

Vidya