cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to block key figure value input in DP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!!

I need to create a way to block the input of value in some key figures in some planning books in DP.

I tried to create a macro to block cell input - CELL_INPUT(XXX) = 0 - , but unfortunately it doens´t work, because I have another macro (default) that keeps one cell of the entire row opened to the user insert the values.

I can not put the "closing" macro as an interactive macro in the planning book, because, only one user is able to execute the macros, not all of them. And I also can not take off the other macro from the default event or change in the design mode of the planning book.

Does anybody know´s another way to do it?

Thanks a lot!!

Regards

Angela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Angela,

Just another thought; looks like you are trying to fix APO key figure value after specific user input consider using macro FIX_CALC()

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angela,

Even if you set the macro to "output only" in design, it does not help since the macrot hat is opening up will overwrite that.

You can not have two conflicting macros working the same time either if you want to use the CELL_INPUT() function.

How ever you have few options still left out:

1. You can use authorizations to achieve this.

For the users that you want display only, set the authorization for this keyfiure to activities display and execute.

For those you want to keep it open, set it to * (BI_ALL)

But please be aware that setting this will restrict the user from editing values where ever they are in the system not just that planning book.

2. Create a seperate planning book for the users that you need the keyfigure to be display and use another one for the user to enter the numbers.

3. If you know exactly the user names, use the macro function USER() in your macro that restricts users.

Let me know which option works, I can give me more details ( please don't ask me to give details of for all. I am sure not all the above works for you )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Visu

Thanks for the response. I did the macro using the function USER to block the data input in the key figure, and it worked well.

The problem is that twice during the month, the users have to insert the values in the planning book, and after that we have to block it. So, it won´t be possible to set this macro blocking using the USER function as default, because some time it´ll have to be available for them.

Do you have another idea?

Thanks a lot!!

Regards

Angela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angela,Glad that it is working. I would not put too much load the system executing these macros. How about creating a new planning book with the keyfigure open and ask the users to only there when they need to enter the numbers and use the other book for rest of the period. Does that work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Visu

It´s not possible to create another planning book. They will have to use the same. But I have another solution. I´ll create this macro to block the values input in the determined row to be executed only for one user. This user will be the administrator, and only he would be able to execute this macro to block the other users.

But I have one doubt, how can I set the macro to be execute only by this user using the USER( ) function? The way I did it´s locking only this user, and it has to block all the others. The function user will be used only for the administrator.

The macro is like this:

IF

USER ( 'AAA') = 1

Line XXX (Attributes) =

ROW_INPUT( 0 )

ENDIF

Best Regards

Angela

Edited by: Angela Christina Martelli on Mar 26, 2009 4:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the macro above, you have already hard coded the user name. It executes for every user but it is sets the field open only for the user that you define there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Visu

I know that in that way I´ve hard coded the user name, but I want just one user to execute the macro and block the input data for him and for all the others users too, but only him can execute it.

Can you help me, because the other way I think I will have to change the user profile, and give the permission for this user only to execute the macro. I don´t know if this is easy to do, to find the right authorization to abilitate the macro button only for that user.

Thanks!

Regards

Angela

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Did you try the function ACT_USER? You can check who the executing user is with a IF condition and then execute the rest of the macro..

Second thought, how about creating a separate user and only he can edit and every one else can not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

You can make a KF input disabled by going to the design view and right clicking on the relevant keyfigure and say OUTPUT ONLY.

Hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anuradha

I don´t think this is the best way to do it, because, every month, it will have to be opened, so the users can input the values, after they finished, we will have to close it again, so they won´t be able to change the numbers.

I was looking for an automatic way to do it?

Do you have another idea?

Regards

Angela