cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting stock to UNRESTRICTED without Inspection Lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

We are moving material from Plant A of Company C1 to Plant B of Company C2. The requirement is as follows :

1. When the material is received at Plant B, there should be no Inspection Lot and the material should go to UNRESTRICTED

2. This should happen only if the supplier is Plant B

3. In case of any other vendor, the system should create Inspection Lot and move the stock to QI stock

We have made the following settings :

1. Inspection Type 01 is active for the material

2. Post to insp stock check box is checked for Inspection Type 01

3. QM proc active check box is not checked in QM view of Material Master

4. Q-Info record is maintained for material, Plant A and Plant B combination

5. In the Q-Info record Insp. controls has the value 'No Inspection'

Please give inputs on the following :

1. Will the system prevent creation of Inspection Lots ?

2. If yes, the stock will be posted in UNRESTRICTED or QI ?

Thanks,

Manish Saraswat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi manish

You are moving material from Plant A of Company C1 to Plant B of Company C2.

Then you must be creating STO for the same.

then in this case inspection lot is created at receiving plant(in your case it is plant B) which is of 08 type inspection and not 01.simply you can avoid creating lot at by deactivating 08 type of inspection at palnt B.

As you have kept QInfo record "no inspection",inspection lot will not be created.so material will directly move to unrestricted.

Regards

Sujit S Gujar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I told earlier, the QM proc active is not checked hence QM in procurement is not active. I tried receiving the material with 'No Inspection' in the Q-Info record but still the lot was created.

After this I made QM in procurement active and then I received the material. This time inspection lot was not created but the material went to BLOCKED stock instead of UNRESTRICTED ! The system says tha certificate not available. I created a certificate for the PO using QC51 before posting GR but still receiving the same message that 'Certificate of type CERE not available' and material going to BLOCKED stocl.

My question is if QM in procrement is not active, will the Q-Info record become ineffective ?

Regards,

Manish Saraswat.

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Manish - you are correct here. If QM procurement is not active then Q-info record becomes ineffective.

In your case for QM control key might be you have selected "Cert. required" check box in SPRO - QM control key. Just remove that checkbox then system would not ask for certificate.

If you want to receive material in direct unrestricted then during MIGO also you can select stock type as "unrestricted".

Thanks!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Nehal !

Thanks a lot for the confirmation. Regarding the QM Control Key, I cannot change it as it is used for many other materials. As I said, I created a certificate before doing the GR using transaction QC51 but still the system says certificate is required. So please let me know how to provide a certificate to the system ?

Regards,

Manish.

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pl try following path:

First note down Purchase order >>

Go to MIGO and select goods received option and put that PO number >>

Now select the item you want to do GR and go to Item detail data at bottom >>

Go to 'Purchase order data' tab >> at bottom you will find 'cert. enclosed?' option >>

select yes >> then save after filling other information.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey....I tried but there is no 'Cert enclosed' option on 'Purchase Order Data' tab on the MIGO !!! I can see only 'Incoterms' at the bottom of 'Purchase Order Data' tab.

Are some settings missing ?

Regards,

Manish.

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manish - Please check following.

SPRO->Quality Management->QM in Logistics--->Define Keys for Certificate Processing.

Here set the parameter accordingly and message of "Control without Certificate."

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi manish

you have selected "certificate Check require " (Third one) in customizing of certificate type.

which means "Explicit Inspection of GR Certificate Necessary";system will ask confirmation at during UD.(System will not prompt/warn during MIGO if you maintain Tick)

If lot is created Status of inspection lot will be CTCM

Now either through UD screen you can confirm or in QC51 you can confirm (5th option)

Status will change CROK.

But when you use this certificate type with this setting & maintain "No inspection" in QI01 then lot will move to block stock.

Reason:

You have maintained "control Without certificate :Without lot--Block with lot :status " in Customize

So your problem can be solved by either...

Remove only tick of "certificate Check require"

or

do not maintain QI "No inspection" in info record.

I hope you are clear now

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please refer following tread it will gicve you more idea.

[Link|]

Thanks!!!

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manish.

In this case system will not create Inspection lot.

But make sure during MIGO you select stock type as unrestricted then only system will put stock in unrestricted otherwise stock will go in QI stock.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!!!!