cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling in R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We developed a scenario, multiple IDoc-XI-single File using BPM.

Please help us in scheduling, following are the questions we have:

a. What is the efficient way of scheduling in our scenario?

b. How to setup scheduling in R/3?

c. In XI-BPM, what is the time I can set for efficiency?

d. If I have to set scheduling in both R/3 & XI, what are recommended ways and how to setup?

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Sree

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi sree,

TO collect multiple IDOCs in XI for your BPM, this blog by sravya can help you out.

It addresses all you issues. Just have a look at it and let me know if you have any further queries,

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/09/xiidoc-message-packages

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Multiple Idoc -XI scenario can be done mainly with 2 collect patterns of the BPM.

-BpmPatternCollectMessage

-BpmPatternCollectTime

If you use first option, you have control of collecting of your idocs based on the message. I.e stop message will tell the BPM tht stop the collection of Idocs and process the same.

If you use 2nd option,, then you need to preset the time, so that BPM will wait till that time collect all these and process the further. If you are going with this option, just make sure that you are using Local Correlation.(instead of Global COrrelation).

If you want to schedule your BPM, you need to send the message externally with use of ABAP proy etc.. Because you can't schedule the BPM directly in XI. Because BPM will start processing once the Message has receiver.

Some info-\

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions

For scheduling-

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/22/schedule-your-bpm

/people/alexander.bundschuh/blog/2006/01/04/scheduling-messages-in-sap-xi

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama Sree,

You can achieve the same as follows:

a. What is the efficient way of scheduling in our scenario?

One approach will be you can use this design BpmPatternCollectMessage. Here the stop proxy message to complete the second branch of the fork should be triggered from your sending R/3 system.

b. How to setup scheduling in R/3?

You can develop an ABAP report which is scheduled at a particular time thru SM36 transaction in R/3. In this transaction you can schedule it at different times whenever you have to get your stop proxy triggered.

c. In XI-BPM, what is the time I can set for efficiency?

As per the above pattern mentioned you wont be able to specify any time for which the idocs needs to be collected. Also if we used the collect for the particular time design to get that BPM instance activated, atleast one idoc has to come and hit this BPM instance from your R/3 system.

d. If I have to set scheduling in both R/3 & XI, what are recommended ways and how to setup?

Both ways you wont be able to schedule. As mentioned in C, there is a difference between both BpmPatternCollectMessage design and BpmPatternCollectTime design. If you are going for the first one then you'll have to make sure that you are scheduling your report to trigger the appropriate stop proxy.

Cheers

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

From performance point of view, remove BPM. You can bundle the IDoc without BPM. For that refer to this weblog.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

For Idoc to File, what you need to schedule, if you set the partner profile for immediate posting. Pl clarify in detail what you want to schedule.

Thanks,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prateek for the suggestion.

We tried and not able to complete the scenario (multi IDocs-single File) successfully without BPM.

Can you please provide details of your scenario how did you configured on both R/3 & XI areas.

Regards,

Sree

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Rama,

>>>>We tried and not able to complete the scenario (multi IDocs-single File) successfully without BPM.

and it's correct it is not possible in standard

you need to use BPM

(my weblog that Pratek refers to is about something different)

Regards,

michal

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

It is not possible to collect the Idocs in XI , without BPM.

So pls go thru any of the standard BPM pattern from SAP, to choose the right one for your scenario.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/84/e8763c997fda50e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

Regards,

Moorthy