cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception Handling for Multi Mapping in bpm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

does anybody know a way of catching an error occured in a multi-mapping used in an integration process.

It seems to me, that when i am using a multi-mapping in an integration process and an error occurs, the message cannot get back to the integration process. In smq2 I can see, that there is the following error:

CX_MERGE_SPLIT

Regards

Günther

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

put the transformation step (multimapping) in a block.

In side a block you have the option to provide a exception branch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The transformation-step is in an block with an exception branch and it is well configured.

When I use a 1 to 1 mapping and an error in the mapping occurs, all is correct. The integration process jumps in to the exception branch and finishes correct. But when use a multi mapping (1 to n; n to 1; n to m) and an error in the mapping occurs, then there is always an error in the bpe inbound queue.

There must be some problem with the split-and-merge program. I think that the split-and-merge program handles the merging of n messages into 1. You can see this when you test a mapping in the integration builder designer. In a multi-mapping there you can see a xml-structure that envelopes the application messages, f. ex.:

<ns0:Messages xmlns:ns0="http://sap.com/xi/XI/SplitAndMerge">

<ns0:Message1>

<myMessage1>data</myMessage1>

</ns0:Message1>

<ns0:Message2>

<myMessage2>data2</myMessage2>

</ns0:Message2>

</ns0:Messages>

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i have had such instances and the exceptions were always caught for multimapping.

one clarification, in your BPM you will have a transformation step that has an interface mapping which is basically the multimapping. The transformation step will have a block step (try to have only the transformation step in a separate block). The transformation step has its exception and that is caught in the block. Now you can give options like raise alerts, stop process etc on exception handling. What have you given?