Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ES Bundles - Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am new to the concept of ES Bundles and have a few questions:-

1. Where in my application system (eg. ECC 6.0 system) can I get the list of objects provided in a ES Bundle? For example is there a package that contains a list of all the objects that come with the bundle?

2. Is an ES bundle composed only of Service Interfaces?

3. How can I install an ES bundle on my application system (eg. ECC 6.0 system)

4. What is the relationship between an ES bundle and the XI standard ccontent that we load on our XI servers? Is the standard content part of the ES bundle?

Thanks,

Michael.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

ES Bundles and Standard content both provide with service Interfaces in SPROXY transaction of application system.

Difference is on XI:-

Standard content :- provides with operation mapping between the service interfaces.

hence you need to configure the integration directory and utilize the given mapping.

ES Bundles:- In this you need to publish the service interfaces and consume then in the target system.

For pulish consume you need to use transaction SOA Manager. You can search for more information on this concept

You can refer to this blog.

/people/bv.pillai/blog/2008/01/27/new-service-definitions-in-the-abap-development-environment-soamanager-150-sap-nw-70-sp14

regards,

Milan Thaker.

shivhare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael.,

see given link .. i think it is helfull for you understanding ES bundles concept

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/espackages/home

Regards,

Amit,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit,

The link you provided was indeed helpful on answering some of my queries.

2. Is an ES bundle composed only of Service Interfaces?

A. ES Bundle provides a set of enterprise services along with documentation of how to extend and reconfigure processes in a business scenario

3. How can I install an ES bundle on my application system (eg. ECC 6.0 system)

A. It is shipped with EHPs

But I could not get answers to the following queries on the link.

1. Where in my application system (eg. ECC 6.0 system) can I get the list of objects provided in a ES Bundle? For example is there a package that contains a list of all the objects that come with the bundle?

4. What is the relationship between an ES bundle and the XI standard ccontent that we load on our XI servers? Is the standard content part of the ES bundle?

From what I understand is that we need the XI content in order to configure the (Business Process) Interface via XI using the functionality provided by Services in the ES bundles. The XI standard content is separate from the ES Bundles and needs to be downloaded and installed on XI server whereas the ES Bundles are installed on the application systems. Is this understanding correct?

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Where in my application system (eg. ECC 6.0 system) can I get the list of objects provided in a ES Bundle? For example is there a package that contains a list of all the objects that come with the bundle? - When you go to ECC 6.0 system and run transaction SPROXY, there you will see the service interfaces which came in ES bundle in a software component - which will be the same sw component you see in XI in Enterprise Service Repository when you go for upgrading your XI system with EHPs.

4. What is the relationship between an ES bundle and the XI standard ccontent that we load on our XI servers? Is the standard content part of the ES bundle? - XI standard content is different from ES bundle. XI standard content contains data like adapter data, modeling scenarios which help you to configure your scenario in XI..............But ES bundle is a set of service interfaces which come in your XI system when you go for EHPs and these ES bundle services help you to use these services in your ECC system directly without manually implementing them.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

former_member187565
Active Contributor