<department>
     <dep-name></dep-name>
     <employee>
        <name></name>
        <surname></surname>
     </employee>
  <department>
</company>

If I drag the in-port of the service I get a form with only the fields belonging to <company>, no nested nodes.

The map data popup does not allow me to map the form to the <employee> for instance, only to <company> and <department>. The same happens if I try to map a table.

If I use the data bridge, I get all the nested structures properly mapped, but how should I populate them?

Moreover, How can I create nested structures of virtual fields in forms/data store?

Please help,

thanks, regards

Vincenzo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Find your answer in one similar thread from [here|]

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for your reply, I had already found that thread but it actually says that nested structures are supported but it is not explained how to use them.

Can anyone please provide some insight?

Thanks, regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincenzo,

Try using define data option of your Form, define all the fields that you require as input to your web service and when dragging from the out port of your Form to the in port of your web service you should see the fields mapped .

Let me know if that helped.

Regards,

Dharmi

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, it is a rather complex matter, knowledge of Java/WebDynpro will help in understanding.

You can find some explanation in this paper by Netanel Slomianski

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0610896-a3b8-2b10-c3b6-bf933068...

Regards

Vincenzo