cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tablespace PSAPBIS on NW BI 07.0 - Please Advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We have done heavy reorg on PSAPBIS table and move out losts of object to different tablespaces to seperate the business area for growth monitoring.

Now our PSAPBIS is left with lots of gaps and we cannot claim that space. The size is 4TB but it has only 1TB of data, rest of empty. Shrink is not praticle.

Is it possible to that we drop the PSAPBIS and move the objects to new one like PSAPBIS1 and then recreate PSAPBIS then move it back.

What is the best pratice. Is it absolute necessary to have PSAPBIS.

I need a expert advice please.

Your help will be greately appreciated.

Regards,

SC

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read SAP note 646681,

If you have enough duplicate disk space, reorging this full tablespace into a temporary one like PSAPBIS2 is a good idea. from Oracle 9i, you can do this online except for tables containing LONG RAW which need to be done offline. These LONG RAW fields takes ages to import back into your system, just plan downtime properly if this is your case. You can also consider converting these LONG RAW to BLOB. Again, SAP note 646681 will help you.

One everything has been moved to PSAPBIS2, rename to PSAPBIS. This can be easily done with Oracle 10g only.

I've done such reorgs on my DB, but my DB was 800GB in total size.

Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for a very good reply.

We are planning to Quest instead of BRSPACE?

Is it possible thing?

Thank you,

SC

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, LiveReorg even allows you to reorg LONG RAW and RAW field types online which is a big plus if you are still using them.

My company decided not to use it because they found it to be too expensive and that BRSPACE would do about the same thing for free.