cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R&R: Downloading User Analysis - File Too large

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My company is currently running a bespoke SOD Ruleset and we are upgrading from 4.0 - 5.3 (R&R), I have followed all the steps and have reached the stage where I can begin to run Risk Analysis reports.

However I run a User Analysis at Perm level (Summary Report) this generates a report which is 188085 rows. When I go to download this report it saves it as an .xls file, because of the limitations in excel I do not get the whole report and when opening with worpad the lines appear as follows:

<Row><Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Arzu Ayata </Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">AAYATA </Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String"> </Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String"><![CDATA[Btch Inpt:Ph.Inv.Docs.for Cycle Ctng (MICN) and Process List of Differences (MI07) ]]></Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">GD0200901 : DCD0138 </Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">High </Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Logistics Execution </Data></Cell>

Is there a way in which I can download this report as a text file rather than a xls ??

Or a way of breaking down the completed report into 2 or 3 sections (without running it again using ranges) ??

Regards

Andrew

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Both,

Thank you for your responses, I feel the best option is to setup some variants to combat the report being so large.

Regards

Andrew Sawyer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andrew,

I don't think there is any solution for this.

You will have to break down and re-run analysis.

Use tcode /VIRSA/ZVRAT_U01 in the backend system (R/3 or APO....) for which you are running analysis. This report will give you number of auth object per user.

This will help you in breaking down the analysis.

For roles, use tcode /VIRSA/ZVRAT_R01.

Regards,

Surpreet

premb
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Have checked the sheets in the xcel workbook. what is your SP level. If it is not downloading the full content, then it is a bug. But it should. Also, you can only open in 2002 or 2003 software and not in excel 2000.

Thanks

Prem