cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request Mapping Step is called after Call Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Friends:

We have a scenario which is ABAP Proxy -> XI -> File.

And there are three receivers, using same interface mapping, means same file will be sent to three places.

Now we came cross a problem: initally all three brached message fails, the reasons for all three fails are different, after we restart three messages, two of them are processed successfully, and one of them still fails, I check the pipe steps, I found that the "Request Mapping" step is called after "Call Adapter" step.

Because the mapping program has been executed in previous step, so the already mapped message has been passed to the mapping program again, cause mapping exception.

While I am still investigating, just want to get inputs from other experts.

Liang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is nothing wrong.

Check why the third receiver is failing. Check Channel log of the failing one from Channel monitoring (from RWB)

Can you paste the error for the failed one

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Praveen:

Since adapter is not called, there is nothing in Java side, I have checked CC moinitoring.

My question is: Call Adapter is followed by "Request Mapping", this is not right pipeline sequence.

That is the reason cause the fail, I just want to know why this happens, and the payload passed to the message mapping is the mapped payload, is not the payload from source system.

Regards.

Liang

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you resend message it starts processing as if sender has again sent the message, but you wont see pipe line steps such as Receiver Identification, Interface Identification since this information already IE knows.

So you will see request message mapping in continuation to last call adapter.

You may doubt why request message PIPELINE comes again, since there is a possibility that one can make some changes to the inbound payload before resubmitting.

Can you share a screen shot of the MONI screen after resubmitting. You can use flicker or some other site where you can upload images and share.

Thanks,

- Gujjeti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Praveen:

Thanks for your reply, the following screenshot is what we got.

From here we can see, the production support guy restarted many times.

Every restart, followed by request mapping step.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11322871@N06/3369993843/

Regards.

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone has idea for the problem ?

Thanks

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Close it for now