cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent trace file to server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we're using MI 2.5. When using a device and select the option to send the trace file to the server. How do you then view this trace file? I've been searching around in netweaver administrator and there is some options for Logs and Traces under the monitoring tab, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get access to a trace file which has been sent from a device to the server.

Any help on this would be much appreciated,

thanks,

Mark.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

The trace file that is sent from the MI Client can be viewed either using the WebConsole or NWA (which ever you are using) or via CCMS in the MI Server (SAP GUI).

To view the trace files in the WebConsole, once you logon to the WebConsole, go to tab Administration -> Display Installation Logs and Traces and in here you can view the trace file and log content sent from a particular client. You can filter the available data based on the certain filter criteria like User, Device Id, etc.

Alternatively to view this content in SAP GUI, navigate to SAP Menu -> Tools -> CCMS -> Control Monitoring -> CCMS Monitoring Sets. Once this page opens up, choose SAP Mobile Infrastructure Monitor Templates -> Mobile Infrastructure -> <Your System ID> -> Logs and Traces -> SAP MI Client Component -> SAP MI Client Logs or SAP MI Client Traces.

I will let you know how to view the trace in NWA in a short while.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sivakumar,

that has done the trick nicely. If you do uncover how to view in NWA then plase post,

thanks again,

Mark.