cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acknowlegements with SOAP adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I'm aware of the acknowledgements with the proxies. I have scenarios of SOAP-PI-Proxy and Proxy-PI-SOAP, where SOAP adapter sends or receives messages with customly developed WS.

I need to direct the WS developer team to implement acknowledgement mechanisms. As the SOAP adapter only supports system acknowledgements, how can they request acknowledgements while sending messages or how can they return them when they receive messages? Also, they need to be able to process these acknowledgements.

The WS are developed in Java, and no ccBPM is used, so I will need Java examples if this is done in the coding. Thank you for your inputs.

Kind regards,

Gökhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Abhishek for your detail input. I was considering the same but wanted to use the existing ack mechanism so that each message could be coupled with its ack on SAP side and monitored in SXMB_MONI with the ack status. I implemented another common interface just as you had explained, but I still wonder how to use transport acks with SOAP adapter.

Regards,

Gökhan

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) You can develop a common interface from SOAP --> XI --> Target for the acknowledgement part. This can be used across any SOAP --> XI --> Target scenario ....provided source and target systems are not changing....even if the systems change, the configuration needs to be done accordingly (agreements, routing).

2) Create a data structure of your need on the SOAP --> XI side...this may include all the details for a particular interface (MI name, Sender, Receiver, Scenario Name, ACK status +ve / -ve, etc).

3) Do the mapping of this structure with the necessary target structure and also do the configuration.

4) Once Config is done create a wsdl file based on the interface details and provide it to the SOAP sender team.

This wsdl file will act as a webservice for the sender side. Ask the developers to develop a scenario at their end which will trigger this WS (of XI) and will send the necessary ACK details.

In this way you will get the ACK details for a particular scenario and you will not even need to change the QoS of any scenario....The only thing needs to be taken care is by the sender system on how / when they trigger the scenario....this is purely based on your business needs....hope it helps...

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

why cannot you use synchronous WS here instead of Acknowledgement.?

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why is there an acknowledgement mechanism if we were to change QoS to Best Effort every time we needed a response then? QoS is a purely design issue and depends on the requirements, whereas my requirements urge me to use async processing.

Please do not post answers that may incorrectly lead the developers.