cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When "Data Transfer" Rouitne is excuted while copying from Order to Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

(Please keep in the mind that the Order--> Billing Scenario is discussed below)

While doing the config for copy control from Order to Billing document, we enter the Data Transfer Routine (at ItemCat level) via Data VBRK/VBR

Now, the question is at what point of time this routine is called? e.g. Is the data for the billing document already entered in Billing Tables (VBRK & VBRP) before the transfer routine is called? From the definition of it looks like if this routine is called at some point in between data transfer from Order to Billing, however, I have seen some data transfer routine code, where the data from VBRK/VBRP is referred (with select statement) and then filed ZUKRI in VBRK is manipulated , say, for Billing Split.

If my above understanding is correct, that data transfer routine is executed after the table (VBRK/VBRP) tables are updated, then suppose we are now doing billing split within this routine, that means more rows will be created within these tables (VBRK/VBRP) for the new billings generated out of the billing splits in the routine?

I guess, I am looking for the Life Cycle (various steps 1) while creating Billing from Order. The steps like at what point the billing tables are updated/modified, at what point the various routines like Copy Control, Data Transfer etc are executed.

Thanking all of you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys.....any input....thx......?