cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer SMSY data to SMD in SPS 16?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have previously set-up SMD.

Recently I have installed CE 7.1 portals, so I have grouped them together in a new solution_manager landscape on the ABAP side (SMSY and SOLUTION_MANAGER).

When I go into SMD Landscape management I don't see this new solution landscape and some of the older landscapes say they are outdated.

How, in SPS 16, do I transfer the ABAP SMSY data to SMD? There used to be a menu path in SMSY called something like "transfer to Solution manager Diagnostics", but that is gone now.

I can't run managed system wizard if SMD doesn't know of system within solution.

Ken Chamberlain

University of Toronto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved this. The problem wasn't that the SMSY data hadn't been copied to SMD. There is no copy. SMD reads the SMSY data directly. The problem was a mismatch between the solutions leading role (production systems) and the role of the sole system I'd supplied to the logical component. Apparently SAP thinks you don't want to monitor non-production systems,

/Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps I should list what I've done to get this systems data into solution manager.

1) In SMSY Landscape components Create server, database, system and system component (java)

2) apply for license in OSS - this generates system identification numbers, which SMSY can query and record.

3) after installing system, supply SLD connection data for OS data supplier and for SAP system data supplier. Thus SLD now has details about OS, DB and SAP system.

4) Run ABAP transaction SMSY_SETUP selecting SLD as data source. This submits a job which can run periodically.

5) Check that the SMSY system Java AS points to the java system component that the SMSY_SETUP job wrote component info to ... sometimes this job creates its own names for system components.

6) under system groups and logical components create Logical component in customer namespace and assign the system created in 1) as Development system

7) In transaction SOLUTION_MANAGER create the solution landscape and assign the logical component created in (6). This is done in trans SOLMAN_DIRECTORY. If this is set-up correctly, Maint. Opt. works on this system. Probably already used as whoever leaves a newly installed system alone. We all go to the latest available SPS level. Right?

This is a java system, so I am interested in setting this system up in SMD as a managed system. I want to run the managed system wizard but neither the system (created in 1, LC in 6) nor the Landscape (created in 7) appear in the selection list.

What Have I missed? In earlier SPS levels there was an option in SMSY menus to transfer data to SMD. The menu item is no longer there. Has it been replaced by a periodic job that I am missing?

How does the SMSY data get to the SMD application these days?

Ken Chamberlain

University of Toronto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First thing to do, if you have added a new system in your landscape. Please add the new system details into your SLD.

Then, you have to schedule a Job to collect the system(Solution) specific data from SLD.

For the same use, T Code : SMSY_Setup & refer the SMD guides or some threads.

I will hope the provided information will help.

Best Regards,

~~ Pradeep Bishnoi ~~