cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Escalation emails and recipients determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement in which I have to set escalations emails for work items which the responsible have not taken action after 5 days.

I set the table BBPV_EVENT for SC business object and events:

WF_APPR_LATEST_START

WF_COMPL_LATEST_START

I want to know if with this configuration the escalation emails will be sent after the period configured. how can I check if the emails are sending?

Also I have to implement a logic to determine the receiver of the escalation email. Do you know any Badi to do this?

Hope you can help me.

Thanks and regards,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

saumya_govil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

You can also use workflows to do this!

It should be simpler as far as I think using workflwos and also be less complex.

You can send a work item to the responsible user and use Deadline monitorinf to check if an action has been taken on it. If not, then you can use Requested End after 5 days to send escalation mail to the superior.

It is easier to detemine agents in workflows. You can also use rules to fidn agents.

Check if this suits your requirement and reply back if you need further help.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Saumya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

why dont you use the alert workflows for this. These are developed for exactly this situation...

You find in the sap.help.com the details about alerting.

To check whether an email is sent or not, go to the transaction SOST. All outgoing emails are shown here, even those emails, which could not been sent. The email sending you have to adjust the settings in the tx. SCOT

Regards,

Daniel