cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headder assigned and activity assigned Network

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am wondering whats the difference between Header assigned and activity assigned network.

In which situation we select either of the options and what are the implications. Please clarify my question.

Thanks

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The specialty of order category "Network" is that it has the capability of being operation/activity assigned. All other order categories are header-assigned by default. Here is a brief summary of each, which highlights the specific usages of both types:

Header-assigned networks behave like other order categories. The network contains the costs for all the activities and assigned material components. These are normally used in cases where the network is assigned to a sales order without a WBS or when all the activities are assigned to a single WBS element. In this case, the assignment of network activities to WBS elements is only used for summarizing dates.

Activity-assigned networks have network activities as account assignment objects. They are normally used in cases where activities are assigned to various WBS elements and planned/actual costs, commitments and dates can be analyzed for each activity as an account assignment object (cost object). It also provides the ability to analyze costs, commitments and assigned values at a greater detail at the WBS element level, where the network activities are assigned to various WBS elements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank to the two of you..that solves so many doubts..

From a configuration perspective is it the activity account assignment indicator in the network type parameters that controls weather its header assigned or activity assigned?

Edited by: Naveen Pidikiti on Mar 19, 2009 5:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, precisely.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

Reading this, one question arises to me. I know that you can assign all orders to  a project definition, but Can you also assign all orders to network header? or to other objects like WBS elements?

Thanks

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

case 1 - activity assigned

this means that the network activity is the cost collector and they are assigned to the WBS, network header is just a dummy object in between something like the porject definition

this case is the most common application

costs posted to network activty - flow to WBS

case 2 - header assigned

this means that the network header is the cost object and all the activities are linked to the network header and the network header is linked to wbs

costs posted to activity - flow to network header - flow to WBS

this is used when for each WBS for some reason you need to have a seperate network header

this case is also used when there is no WBS but the network and network activity are assigned to a sales order then the network header acts as a WBS - very rare usage, mostly in SD-PS integration