Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphical Layout Editor not available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

sap gurus.

when i am trying to open layout editor in Transaction SE51 i am getting this below message please help me out.

i have also installed new version of SAP front end i.e 710.,

please find the below message

Graphical Layout Editor not available. Continue with alphanumeric editor.

Message no. 37527

Diagnosis

You tried to start the layout editor and the "Grapical Screen Painter" option is set in your Workbench settings. However, the graphical layout editor is not available. Possible reasons include:

- You have insufficient memory resources on your frontend to start the graphical layout editor process.

- The system was unable to find the Graphical Screen Painter program.

- The system was unable to execute the Graphical Screen Painter program.

- Your frontend operating system does not support the graphical layout editor. It is supported on the following platforms

Windows NT

Windows 95

Windows 98 and subsequent releases

- You do not use any GUI for Windows.

System response

The Screen Painter automatically ignores the "Graphical Screen Painter" setting and opens the alphanumeric layout editor.

Procedure

You can change the "Graphical layout editor" setting permanently by choosing Settings -> Graphical layout editor and activating or deactivating the graphical layout editor option. Any changes take effect the next time a new screen is displayed, and are retained indefinitely.

Please provide me with solution for this .

Regards.

Hassan Naveed

Associate SAP Basis Consultant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We had a similar issue and we resolved it by making sure the SAP Router has "allow" entries for port 33nn (nn = System Nr.)

Thanks,

Sri Garimella

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please, check if necessary ports are open at your end. We had this problem and we observed the ports were block at firewall.

Thanks and Regards,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check out the following link.

[https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=101971]

Hope this helps.

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Manoj.

Thanks for ur response dude.

i have already gone through this SAP not many times but no help...

Please give your other helpful info.

hassan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Please check the Graphic editor exe under C:\Program Files\SAPpc\sapgui.

You can check the completeness of the program installation by starting the program gneux.exe locally in the SAPGUI directory (for example, by double-clicking on the program name in the Explorer window). The Layout Editor is displayed with German texts and an empty drawing area for the pseudo screen EUSPDYND 0000.

If the installation is not complete, an error dialog box provides information regarding the cause of the error, for example, sometimes the DLL eumfcdll.dll is missing after reinstalling the SAPGUI. For example, the eumfcdll.dll DLL was sometimes missing after the SAPGUI was reinstalled.

Check SAP Note:204910.

Also check the dev_euspNNN file under work directory.

(NNN = process number)

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Please check SAP Notes:932188,646503 and 674352.

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Yoganand.V

Thanks for the the response .

i have already checked the notes you have specified before posting the messege on SDN.

Regards

Hassan Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

What is your SAP version? Is it UNICODE or non unicode.

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Yoganand.V

My SAP version is SAP ecc5.0 om mssql with Unicode on windows 2003 with kernel patch number 247.

Please give your valuable suggestions.

Warm Regards.

Hassan Naveed