Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Code Page System Conversion to Unicode NW 7.0 SP16 and higher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Single code Page system conversion to Unicode NW 7.0 SP16 or higher documentation - section 2.2.4 Deleting obsolete data - states that there are several tables which should be emptied directly before the database export and there is a table that shows these tables with a reason and more information column. The REPOSRC and TADIR tables are listed with the reason of UMG_F4_CLEANUP and then it references Note 1275149 for more information. I have read note 1275149 and do not understand how the report UMG_F4_CLEANUP relates to the REPOSRC and TADIR tables. I did not see any other information regarding these two tables in this guide and wondered if they need to be emptied prior to the unicode export and if there is a recommended way to empty these two tables since the documentation is not clear about this step.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Charlene,

please do NOT delete any data from tables TADIR / REPOSRC manually !

The tables listed in the guide can be MAINTAINED (in some cases the content can be deleted, but this is NOT the case for TADIR / REPOSRC).

REPOSRC will be handled via note 684332.

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

Solution Management

Globalization Services

SAP AG

5 REPLIES 5

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Charlene,

please do NOT delete any data from tables TADIR / REPOSRC manually !

The tables listed in the guide can be MAINTAINED (in some cases the content can be deleted, but this is NOT the case for TADIR / REPOSRC).

REPOSRC will be handled via note 684332.

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

Solution Management

Globalization Services

SAP AG

0 Kudos

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos

Hi (Nils),

report UMG_F4_CLEANUP has a checkbox "in UMG Mode" of which I don't know if it needs to be checked or not.

If I check it (in test mode) the report generates no output. If I don't check it, there are some ~ 2600, 300 entries /reports of DDSHPVAL50 that would be deleted.

My guess is to leave "in UMG Mode" unchecked, but I'd rather like to be on the save side.

Thanks, I appreciate your support in this!

Thorsten

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

If UMG_MODE is set, the report is prepared for running as part of

report UMG_ADD_PREP_STEPS; messages stored in table UMGMAINLOG

Otherwise all messages are listed with common WRITE statements.

Therefore you can / should run the report with "in UMG Mode" unchecked.

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

SAP AG

0 Kudos

Hello Nils,

thanks a lot for your input! I'm (almost -> one of our developers is still working on the RADNTLANG issue, but we'll figure that out, too) done with the preperation, now.

Let's see how R3load performs

Cheers,

Thorsten