cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Substitution on Approvals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have any documentation on how substitution works for approvals? We have clicked around on the buttons but I am not sure which buttons are supposed to do what.

Thanks

Jane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jane,

Substitute button is used when manager is on leave, and in this case all of his workitems will be forwarded to a substitute.

Best regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. There are multiple buttons in there, 'Transfer Substitution' and 'Assign Substitute'. What does each do. Whenever I pick Transfer substitution i get no substitute found. Is there documentation anywhere on how this all works?

Thanks

Jane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jane,

Here you go,

u2022 Active substitute: Approvers would activate a substitute if they were planning to be out of the office for a period of time. If a substitute has an active status, shopping carts requiring approval will be visible in the inbox of the substitute (this includes documents that are already awaiting approval, and newly created documents). The substitute will also receive an email notification in the Inbox for newly created carts. The system does not check the grade and approvals authority of this user, so it is incumbent on the absentee to ensure that the substitute has the appropriate authority level, as they will assume this status in their absence. The original approver is aware of all carts processed in their absence as they will continue to receive the email alerts. A report will also be available for an approver to see the work items that have been processed and whether or not they have been approved or rejected.

u2022 Passive substitute: If a substitute has a passive status, in the event of unplanned absence where there are items awaiting approval, the passive substitute can activate themselves and automatically receive/process any documents awaiting approval in the original approveru2019s inbox. As with the active substitute, the system does not check the grade and approvals authority of the passive substitute. Substitution functionality does not cascade;

e.g., if Tom is out of the office and sets Sarah as his substitute; and then Sarah is out of the office and sets Tracey as her substitute, Tracey does not see/have the possibility to process Tomu2019s approval work-items.

Best Regards,

NMK

rajesh_rajendran2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jane,

Just to add to NMK's comments, The Assign Substitute option is used to assign the substitute for a time period. Here you can assign more than one substitute for a certain period and decide whether the substitution should be of type u2018Activeu2019 or u2018Passiveu2019.

The Transfer substitution option is used by an approver (User Y) who is set as a passive substitute for another approver (User X). In this case after User Y clicks on the transfer substitution option u2013 he should see all the approvers who have set him/her up as a passive substitute. In this case user X. On clicking the name of the approver u2013 User X u2013 the system transfers User Y to see the inbox or approval work items of User X, so that the user Y can approve the same.

Hope this clarifies your doubts.

If you can provide my your email address I can send you a sample documentation on the active and passive substitution.

Regards,

Rajesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

saumya_govil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jane,

Check if this documentation helps you:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/8d/25f558454311d189430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8d/25f53e454311d189430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Saumya