Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

document fields are changable though status does not allow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

our HR dms consists of three status for any doc types :

(1) in-preparation IA (2) to-approve (3) approved FR

> in-preparation : is changeable only via the creator profie "one who creates/uploads the documents"

> to-approve : status type is set to S "locked status" no changes can be done except status change, and this is assigned to the profile of the approvee "one who's approving the documents"

the status to-approve is custome created

when this approvee person opens any to-approve document he's unable to do any changes except status change either to (1) or (3) "all other fields are grayed out" However, i have noticed that if he change status to (1) then prior saving the document he clicks the enter key then all the feilds are returned back to updatable ! i know status (1) allows update, but this user has no change authority over status (1) and this has been tested separately and proved that can't change status 1 documents, why only at this situation system is allowing this change.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think u configured seems to be right, but check with filed selection below given set to Staus types

IA-Inwork-- I,

AP-Approve--

RL- Approved---S +

this is for log entry

+ Required entry

- No entry

. Optional entry

i think make optional entry

this solve u Q?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Banaka,

i thank you all for your attention and reply,, sorry for not replying to you on time as i got busy with issues related to upgrade of solution manager and enabling EWA for enterprise support, which i'm still struggling with some errors.

Banaka,

i think you missed one point in my initial post. the user do not have authorization over IA document, i have tested this carefully, i have tried to open an IA document with this user ID in a change mode and system produced error of not authorized. Yes IA is not set to be at locked status but in addition to this user don't have access to IA for change as well.

Let me state the problem in a totally different way

assuming two status documents only FR "released" and IA "in progress" a case required that a technical clark in the material management department to be only able to change the status of an FR document to IA "but not change FR docs" once it is in IA he can do changes and upload of documents. however he should not be able to change status back to FR, this to be done by another person who will check what is uploaded. How this can be achieved ? if this can be solved then the above is a similar case.

i've yet not gone through what you have stated in your last reply,, i'll go through and let you know my comments.

any way i believe there is a bug in the SAP system.

comming to you soon.

Reg. Daher

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Daher,

Please crate networl like this,,

Doc type -DOC ST

Desc
Abbr
--

St Type

TES--

AA
Work Request

WR
--

I

TES--

FR
Released

RE
--

S

TES--

IA
In Work

IW
--

C

-

Previous 1, 2, 3,

1.--

Work request-- AA-----[WR]-- --FR -

<i>

2.--

InWork
IA -
[IW]
---AA, FR--

[C]

3.--

Released -
FR -
[RE]-- IA, AA--

[S]

benakaraja ES

??

Edited by: benaka rajes on Jun 11, 2009 5:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

The system checks the Authorization as follows..

1) The user do not have Authroization to IA status.

2) The user has Auth. to "to approve" status

3) The user has Authorization to set status to IA

4) IA is not in lock mode.

Since you have given Authorization to set status to IA from "to approve " status, he is able to set the status to IA. Now since IA is editable, it gives that option.

Now , your requirement is when user sets IA status, it should be in lock mode, which is logically incorrect, as IA status is not in lock mode..

You cannot say since user has no authorization to IA, it should be locked..Please note user is logging into 'to approve" status and have authorization to set status to 'IA"

Regards

Aby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check wether Status "to approve " has a lock status(S) type defined in status in SPRO define document status.if it is there remove the same and keep it empty and see problem solved or not

regards

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

thanks for your reply..

yes status to-approve has status(S) type and this is what we want, we don't want user to change any field in the document having to-approve status except beeing able to change the status, and this is functioning fine.

problem, is when user changes status from to-approve back to in-process, and press the enter key, though he has no change authorization over documents having in-process status "and this was tested and been proved" but upon the press on entery key all fields are turned to editible mode. which should not happen.

it looks my problem was not clear to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daher,

Were you able to resolve this issue? I have come across same situation and it looks like a loophole in DMS status validations.

Have you tried raising it to SAP?

Thanks & Regards

Abhishek