cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jco versus BC - Business Conector - What is best????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts ....

I need to integrate SAP with Non-SAP System !

Some one can help-me in this question ???

What is the best to integrate SAP R/3 with Non-SAP System ??? Java Conector (Jco) or Business Conector (BC)???

which the difference between the two?

which the advantage to use jco and not it BC?

Can I use the Jco to access the SAP R/3 4.6 Version???

Where I can download jco?

It is necessary to pay to use the Jco?

It is necessary to pay to use the BC?

I am thankful for the attention !!!!

Best Regards...

MBoni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jco is best.

cheers

ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have send you the documentation at your email address.

Please reward some points if found useful.

Regards,

Tanveer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i would suggest you to go with JCO.

I will send u the documentation if you provide me your email address.

Regards,

Tanveer.

Please mark if found useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanveer !

Thanks For your help....

You can send me the documentation ???

Please send to mcl.boni@gmail.com

Best Regards...

PS: Thanks for all by help me again ...in this question!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tanveer,

Could you send me the documentation to :

Naghman.Waheed@monsanto.com

Thanks

bhaskar_ghandikota
Participant
0 Kudos

HellO tanveer,

can you pl send me the BC vs JCo docs?

bhaskarghandikota2gmail.com

Also do you have any docs BC vs XI?

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I sent the documentation that Tanveer sent me in your internal email as its request ok?

Thanks Tanveer ...for sending the documentation!

After my studies and tests using the documentation sent for Tanveer and others... I arrived in the following conclusion:

Guys ....Jco is very better than BC!

He is more robust and flexible to use because it uses the Inboud (Java calls ABAP) and outBound (ABAP calls ABAP) methods and does not need a system to make bridge and to parser for XML, HTML, TXT... as well as the BC (Business Connector).

Thanks for all.

Best Regards.

MBoni

0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

Business Connector offers deceptively simple SAP integration and it free. But it is no longer being developed by SAP - its replacement is XI (Exchange Infrastructure). I would not recommend proceeding with the Business Connector.

JCo is, as someone else pointed out, a low-level API and as such rather cumbersome to use. It does the job well though, where appropriate.

There is also the SAP Connector for .NET.

I think the question comes down to: what type of system is your non-SAP system? and will you be integrating other systems as well?

Regards,

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten !

Thanks for your help too !

The application to integrate is a JAVA/J2EE WEB application !

Then ...them Jco is very better to use this ...rigth??

Regards...

MBoni.

0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

JCo is the way to go if you have only a simple one-to-one integration requirement. But you might also consider the SAP Java Resource Adapter (JRA) ( <a href="https://media.sdn.sap.com/html/submitted_docs/60_sp2_javadocs/jra/index.html">JavaDoc here</a>), which "<i>converts the SAP Java Connector (JCo) into an JCA compliant resource adapter</i>". I have no personal experience with this, but I suspect it runs on both SAP and non-SAP J2EE servers.

Regards,

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marcelo,

If you are developing for SAP WebAS then I highly recommend to try SAP Enterprise Connector first -- it generates typed Java classes for your RFCs and it is far simpler to work with typed interface.

If your application should be deployable to non-SAP J2EE server, or you need only generic (non-typed) access then use JCA adapter.

Use JCo only if need asynchronous messaging, while both SAP Connector and SAP JCA Adapter supports only synchronous communications.

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marcelo,

I'm not familiar with BC, probably this is the same thing as SAP Enterprise Connector, but the rest of options I'd summurize as follow:

1. Win32 / Non-java -- COM objects

2. Java (any) -- SAP Enterpise connector, you are responsible for connection pool management

3. Java / J2EE -- SAP JCA adapter, connection is managed per destination (not sure, but seems that you have to deploy same adapter under different JNDI names to configure several destinations)

4. Java / SAP WebAS WebDynpro -- Adaptive RFC Model, connections are managed by framework, configuration done via UI wizards).

JCo is applicable anywhere, but it is so low-level, that it's usable only in most simple cases or when you are planning to roll something extra-ordinary (and comparable to Adaptive RFC or Enterprise Connector) on your own.

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK Valery...

Thanks for your help !

I think whit your help ...the Jco is better then BC !!

Regards...

MBoni.