cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing Document Status at Original Document Levels

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dms gurus,

i know that we can manage the document at DIR level through the status, and create new versions of documents where the old version is kept with no change allowed.

However, in the version how one can esily know what changes been done to the originals ? for example, i'm to release a certain document, but don't know what originals been added, what originals been deleted, and what originals been modified ? unless i refer to the old version and compare, which is not practical specially when a document contains quite large number of originals.

is there a way to control such ? is there a way to control dms at original doc levels, for example any approved original document can no longer be deleted, etc...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To keep the track of changes made in Original, you can make use of '"Content Version"

You have to enable this setting in dc10 inside the status of the Doc type.. Everytime you change the original file in that particular status , it shows a Content Version of the same. You can see the different "content Versions" in tab original of DIR.. You even have the option to activate whichever Content Version you want to see by default...

This is different from normal versioning .. as everything is stored in the same version of the DIR.. for eg.. 00

Regards

Aby