cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it so tough to take up certification in India????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Did not know where I can share my issue, that is I am posting it here. please bear with me.

I am a Certification Aspirant trying hard to just get a slot booked for my certification exam for the past one month.

I would like to let you know what has happened and what is happening. I first, following the norms sent my resume to the concerned people in SAP to EVALUATE my resume. After they evaluated my resume, they sent me a mail asking me to furnish a list of documents and also send a DD(Demand Draft) for Rs.28,090/- as certification fees.

After a week or so, they sent me the dates for exams in March 2009. Remember, these dates for sent at February ending. As I thought I needed some time to prepare for certification, I requested them to send me the exam dates in April. Now, I feel that was the biggest mistake I did. They replied back saying I have to get back to them after March 10th for an update on April 09 dates.

Now, First thing I dont understand is, they dont finalize the dates for the certification atleast a month before the actual exam??? for example, I want to write the exam in April, I should know the dates atleast in the first week of March, and it is already March ending, AND I AM STILL CLUELESS ABOUT THE EXAM DATES FOR AN EXAM IN APRIL??? It cant get more ridiculous than this.....

Now, when I call them they tell me: There are about 250 mails I need to read, so It is going to take time and moreover I have to check the slots and details?? The most awful thing here is now, the executive there is telling me that I have to check the dates and then let you know....that means I am still not sure of taking up my exam in April....where in I sent all the required documents by Feb ending.

I am just frustrated and I am really in lot of jittery because of the attitude of SAP employees in Bangalore,India.

When I spoke to one of my friend who is working in UK, he told me that there is no such procedure there,and all they need is a credit card and some other details. Thats it, they can book it online.

So, I want to know why isn't the same system being followed in India??? There are so many SAP professionals from India who have to go through this labourious process????

I mean, we are SAP professionals and not pre-primary kids to go through this kind of treatment.

If anyone from SAP is reading this, please make sure that there is an alternate arrangement or else many people are going to suffer. This is my sincere request.

Regards,

Vishwa Sri Hari.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I see the registration process in India, it is always considered to be highly painful.

If not, at least equivalent to the checks made at International airports

I have written certification in number of countries, the process in other countries are relatively simple and straight forward. When it comes to UK, it is pretty simple, send a mail, fill form, give credit card number and write exam. You make the payment and write the certification. Again, when it comes to India, you do not know till you attend the exam. I personally had very bad experience registering for SAP Teched Exam in 2006.

After collecting money for around 43 participants, they have introduced number of rules, you should have minimum 2 years experiece, no-objection certificates, this certificate, that certificate bla... bla.... bla...

They said if you do not provide these certificates, you will not be allowed for certification. I felt it was highly unethical on their part. They should have informed this in the earlier or updated their sites well in advance. After lot of discussions, they agreed to deduct 2500/- pay back the remaining amount. Most of the candidates were dropped due to the trauma caused.

I would suggest you can take a VISA and go to malaysia. The SAP Education registration more flexible and simple when compared to India. I would suggest you to visit Malaysia SAP and write. The expenses would be more or less the same.

SAP Malaysia Sdn. Bhd

Suite 3.03A, 3rd Floor

Kompleks Antarabangsa

Jalan Sultan Ismail

Kuala Lumpur 50250, Malaysia

Sales Enquiry: 1 800 813 800

Other Enquiry: (60) 3 21610233 (Switchboard)

Fax: (60) 3 21632688

E-mail: education.malaysia at the rate of sap.com

Personally, I would NEVER RECOMMEND anybody to write the certification in India, unless you are affordable to attend COSTLY training at SAP / Education Partners.

All the best for your future Certification efforts!!!!!

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member567728
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Congrats....!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Though the issue has not been resolved, It is been heard atleast from many quarters and I would like to thank all the people who replied and to all the others who made the effort to read it.

I gave my exam on 17th and cleared it successfully.

I once again before closing this thread, request concerned in SAP to automate the certification process instead of making it so manual.

Regards,

Vishwa.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Excellent.. Congratulations.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hearty congratulations !!!!!!!!!

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Who knows concerned team in SAP-India reads this thread and initiate action such that at a later date, the certification procedure would be simplified in India also )

Edited by: Lakshmipathi on Apr 8, 2009 1:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

The main intention behind posting this thread is, definitely the process should be simplified, when there is a simple process in all other countries why not the same in India??

Thanks for the reply,

Vishwa.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Absolutely I agree with you !!!!!!

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done certification and I do not find such problems which elaborated here in this thread.SAP India's education department does not take that much time.

They will ask your CV for review and evaluation ,once they OK it,they will send you one form to be filled and along with DD of Rs.28090 to be sent to them.After receipt of DD they will send you list of centers where you can appear for exam and dates.

Once you conform the date and center by mail they will send you conformation.

Please contact IT, Gangamma Aloysius, Robin SAP India Pvt Ltd.

No.5, Prestige Ridge,

Domlur Service Road,

Domlur, Bangalore - 560071

Tel: 080-41154150, Extn : 143

With Best Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I must say you are lucky that things went on pretty smooth for you. It literally took 5 days for them to reply to a mail.

And If you send documents in Feb ending and get the dates in March last week. If that is soon, then God helps us.

And also Rajesh, If you check in sap.com, for other countries the dates till June are already scheduled, all you have to do is just select the date and book it.

So, my request here is the same system be followed here in India as well.

Thanks for the reply,

Vishwa.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When SAP as a Global Company, why they have different process for each country for Education. Cannot they stream line the process across the group?

In UK, they never asked me for CV, they never asked me for any DD.

See the transperancy. This is the schedule of exams in UK. You just fill the form, make the payment by Credit Card, go and write the exam.

http://www.sap.com/uk/services/education/courses/ExamSchedule.epx

Why cannot I see such a transperant schedule in India SAP site? Will they only disclose the dates If I make the payment? Is it so confidential that cannot be shared? When will they start a transperant approach? When will they stop different rules for different company? Why they are giving preference to only to so called their own Partners in India? I was working with one of the few SAP Global Partner. They used to tell we do not consider the global partnership. I really doubt whether they understand the meaning of Global Partnership and how many global partners they are having? I should strictly do not recommend ANYBODY to write SAP certification exam without so called expensive trainings in INDIA. Do not think that I not have attended so called expensive trainings. I have attended number of expensive trainings with SAP Education Partners in India. Most of the time your Servers are down if you are paritcularly attending for High end products. It is one more pathetic story. When I am paying INR 17000/- per day why should I compromise if the server is not available. Sorry to say, but most of the tutors are really worth less, except very few. Will they start open approach or continue with their own if and but rules.

I believe it is always painful in India to write SAP Certification even after 100 years.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Regards,

Ravi

Edited by: Ravi Sankar Venna on Apr 8, 2009 10:43 AM

Edited by: Ravi Sankar Venna on Apr 8, 2009 10:44 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I live in Switzerland and did a non-SAP-related certification 8 years ago. It was very easy, but expensive.

Now, if I don't pay the annual certification fee (about 300 USD) then I am no longer allowed to state that I passed the certification exam way back when...

I am thinking of starting a very low cost "Julius's ex-non-SAP-related certification" re-certification, which might enjoy some recognition.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Julius

ps: I understand that you are frustrated. Perhaps looking elsewhere is a natural consequence.

skrishen9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Viswa

its true whatever you have said. We have seen that in India the procedure for certification is really

very complex. this is already by many of our esteemed friends shared in Forum. usually in India

the date of certification is being fixed based on the no of candidates available for exam to that venue .

It is really required to be implemented the pattern adopted across the world in india also.

thanks

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwa

You are right there are many SAP Professionals but getting certification will be decided only by some who want's to do, and the exam dates will be decided by SAP AG and mainly the respective batch must be finish since the exam will be conducted at last date of the batch and also it depends how many candidate is writing for that particular module.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the reply and for the pain you took to read the whole stuff. Yes, not everyone takes up the certification and SAP AG decides based on the number.

Let them decide as they want, what I am asking here is they can definitely automate the whole process for certification. Once the documents and the exam fees reach them, they can create an ID and allot it to the respective person, and have the facility of booking the exam online.

This way both the SAP and the guys taking exam will have less work to do. Based on the enrollment online for the exam, SAP can decide If they should conduct the exam on that day or another day and inform the same to the guys who take up the exam.

Regards,

Vishwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

After reading your thread, its really hurting, why SAP is behaving like this, why in particularly in INIDIA/Asia. Do they think that indian poeple are wothless or cheaters ???????.

REALLY ITS SERIOUS MATTER.

i have seen in KSA. the whole ONE YEAR EXAM SCHEDULE in Decmber 2008. just simply you need to fill up a leaflet about candidates details (very brief) and pay the fees, either online are personnel even a week before of the scheduled exam.

SAP Ag HAS TO look after. to the same rule for all OVER THE WORLD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I agree with you that this indifference is not acceptable. And someone should take it up to the people concerned.

Vishwa.