cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill of Materials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

To my understanding BOM is used in a scenario where customer requires whether the pricing should be displayed for the sub-items or main item in the document given to the customer.....correct me if I am wrong........besides BOM serves any other purpose?.......

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur input... in the sales order I cud see the BOM explosion but the prices are available for both main item and sub-items...how it is possible?...... item categories are determined correctly.....any inputs?.....thanks in advance.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal

BOM is kind of collection of materials which are related to each other. Take an example then you will have a clear idea on BOM, without any confusion.

We are going to buy a Computer set, What all we require is - Moniter, mouse,keyboard, CPU.

Instead of making these all as different materials, we are configuring BOM because its obvious that when any customer will buy a computer set, he/she will require all these components.

So create on BOM as "Computer" With sub items as:

1) Moniter

2) Keyboard

3)Mouse

4)CPU

Now its our choice which kind of pricing we do:

First secnario: Allocate price at Computer level include price of its component. ex:

Computer : 25,000

Second secnario: Allocate price for each item and then combine.

ex:

Computer:

1) Moniter----

2) Keyboard----

3)Mouse----

4)CPU----

Again 25000.

Hope you understand BOM now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur input....but my later question is about pricing.....how both main and sub items are priced despite the settings are done for BOM?.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal

Either the Main item or each Sub-items should be relevant for Price. You can not charge for both.

If you want that Main item should be relevant for Pricing then in the material master of the Main item change the "Item category group" as "ERLA".

Now, item category of the Main item should be TAQ and it will be relevant for Price.

The item category of the Sub-items will be "TAE" and Price is not relevant for them.

If you want that, Sub-items should be relevant for Price, then like above change the Item category group of the Main material as "LUMF".

Now, the item category of the Main item will be "TAP" which is not relevant for Price and item category of the Sub-items will be "TAN" which are relevant for Pricing.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go through this link

[BOMs (PP-BD-BOM)|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/ea/e9b1354c7211d189520000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

A Bill of Material is an complete list of components that make up a finished manufactured product. The Bill of material consists of the item number of each component, quantity required in the manufacture of a component and the unit of measure of the item. Such individual components which make up a manufactured product has a specific name in SAP. They are called Bill of Material Items BOM items. SAP R/3 allows creation of various categories of BOM Bill of Material. Some of the categories of BOM include, document BOM, material BOM, equipment BOM, Sales Order BOM and Functional location BOM.

Each one serves a role in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

u can use this link for ur problem

Thanks.

Abhay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hji,

BOM is a concept where customer buys only one part i.e. header or sub items, if it is header bom sub item comes free, if it is item level bom header comes free. the logic behind this type of scenario is one customer buys the second one must need. so price only given for one item generally customer calls it as whole for ex. computer, tv, cell phone, lock, we know these items carry some components which are must. and inventory also is maintained for the main item only (most of the cases)

regards,

sk

Edited by: Sadanandam Kasarla on Mar 19, 2009 1:02 PM