cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference quantity check for Return orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are creating returns orders with respect to invoice & there is no Completion rule assigned to item category of invoice.

Is there any standard configuration available through which I can control that return order should not be punched for quantity more than in invoice (other than copy controls). Although system is prompting information message if I am punching multiple return order wrt same invoice. Can I change it to error message or any other way to restirct user from copying return quantity more than invoiced quantity.

Thanks & Regards

Amit Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

You need to trigger a Sales order save user exit where you need to check the already returned quantity,invoice quantity and system will check whether the quantity entered = Invoice quantity - already invoice quantity.

You can write a code with the help of Abap to control this functionality

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

User exit for the same is

MV45AFZZ --- USEREXIT_READ_DOCUMENT

Regards

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to VTAF, select the item category for the combination of order type and billing type and maintain "+" for the field "Pos./neg. quantity"

Also go to OVAH and change message class V4 no 229 to E will work

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

I have made the changes as per your inputs but system is not triggering message V4 229 but instead triggering message V1 499 stating There are already returns for item 000001: 5 ST. If there any thing I am missing. I have done below changes.

In copy controls "+" for the field "Pos./neg. quantity was already maintained.

In OVAH, I have changed the message to Error also.

Kindly advice me if I am missing something.

Thanks

Amit

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Amit wrote

There are already returns for item 000001: 5 ST.

If there is already a return order for the combination of same billing document / material code, then system will give this message. Check whether you have already created a return order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

But message V4 229 which I have changed to error message was not triggered although Invoice is completely referenced.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What Iam going to tell is not advisable but if you want you can do this.

1)Go to T.code:OVAH

2) Select the message :229

3) Select Application : V4

After selecting the above message and application----towards on the Right hand side "Change the Message category from Waring to Error".

After doing the above setting--when ever the user tries to give more quantity in Return order when referenced from Invoice---""System will give error message" and does not allow to give more Quantity when referenced from the Invoiced quantity.

Regards

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI

this is the bug in sap, because as per standard sap the returns order is referenced to or (RE is referenced fro OR not from billing F2) if u take it from order reference u definitely restrict this returnorder qty upto order qty, but we cant take order reference, bcz some pricing elements are determined at billing level ex; rebates, freights, which cant be reversed. from billing to returns we copy and customize the copy control. in VTAF screens there is no qty related restriction feild whereas we have in OR to RE. so this is everybody's problem. sit with ur abaper, take some user exit and restrict it, but ensure thorough testing before releasing it to production.

regards,

sk