cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a solution for the MCH1210 errors in SAPOSCOL ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

When starting to work with changing the percentage of processor for the LPAR running SAP we are getting MCH1210 errors in the SAPOSCOL job. When searching for a solution I ran into a IBM knowledgebase item.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas2276fbb6932f936c7862574f70041ed83

The version we are running at the moment is:

SAPOSCOL version COLL 20.95 640 - AS/400 SAPOSCOL Version 24 Sep 2007

Apparently there is no PTF to fix this problem, and when searching for a new version of SAPOSCOL I could not find a reference to the problem we are experiencing.

We are planning of running a second partition, a SAP Content Server (Linux), and would like to use the flexability of the platform to work with a shared processor pool.

Any suggestion to get rid of the MCH1210 errors ?

Kind Regards, Rudi van Helvoirt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian thanks for your reply.

I will post a message with the results of the test PTF, but that may take a while as the problem has a rather random character.

Kind Regards, Rudi van Helvoirt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The first test fix did not solve the problem completely. So another test PTF was developed by IBM, which we also tested. Both PTF's, SI34449 en SI35377, are now GA (General Available).

The SAPOSCOL has not failed since the instance was started, which is nearly a month now.

Kind regards, Rudi van Helvoirt

0 Kudos

Hi Rudi,

I have tried to apply the patch "on the fly" (while the system was up) and ran into some errors, so I do not recommend that. What you could do is this:

1. Create a copy of the kernel library (I recommend SAVLIB to a SAVF, then RSTLIB to a different library name, see SAP Note 1097599).

2. Run the APYR3FIX command for the AS4RMTCCMS patch on the copied library.

3. Rename AS4RMTCCMS on the original kernel library into some dummy name or move it to another library.

4. Move AS4RMTCCMS from the copied library into original kernel library.

Since AS4RMTCCMS at your current level does not work anyway, you should not see additional problems when renaming or moving it.

Kind regards, Christian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

Well not everyone has to access to IBM internal systems so I feel more comfortable now, knowing that the PMR is not open to view for the whole world. I already started considering choosing my world more carefully when updating a PMR )

Do you happen to know is this new AS4RMTCCMS needs the instance to be shutdown or can it be installed on the fly ?

Kind regards, Rudi van Helvoirt

0 Kudos

Hi Rudi,

as for the PTF check problem, I suggest to check SAP Note 1287553 and install the latest AS4RMTCCMS patch. The PTF check is not explicitely listed in the note, but it is using AS4RMTCCMS as well.

I found your PMR by seaching in the IBM internal support tool (called RETAIN). That has full text search and no restrictions, so finding the PMR was not too hard. For external interfaces, IBM has to respect customer privacy, i.e. one customer should not be able to see the open PMRs of another customer (at least not the customer details), that's why search capabilities have to be limited.

Kind regards,

Christian Bartels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

IBM advised us to install the test PTF for V5R4 and on top of it we also upgraded our kernel to level 263. The system was IPL-ed last Sunday so we will have to wait a while to see if the problem is fixed.

Also noticed that after moving to the new kernel 6.40 level 263 ST06 -> PTF check -> results in "unable to determine PTF status". With the old level of the kernel 246, this worked fine.

The PMR we opened for this issue is indeed 20073,211,788, but please tell me how on earth did you find this information ? (Just curious because I have a hard time finding the right information on IBM's sites)

Kind regards, Rudi van Helvoirt.

0 Kudos

Has this problem been reported to IBM in PMR 20073,211,788? I think you can try two things to help IBM debugging the issue:

1. Check the log file /usr/sap/tmp/dev_coll for any additional messages that may help understanding the problem.

2. Check if the problem happens always at about the same time of the day, and if that coincides with a backup operation. In SAP note 111138 we documented a locking problem with SAPOSCOL that happened when backing up library R3400. In the beginning of the PMR I noticed a MCH5801 "Dequeue operation not satisfied in 15 seconds for queue &1", so this may be a locking issue.

Kind regards,

Christian Bartels.

Edited by: Christian Bartels on Apr 16, 2009 4:35 AM

0 Kudos

We recently discovered a problem with MCH1210 in Job QPMACLCT that happened when running the OS collector for quite a while (several weeks) without interruption. It was reported to IBM in APAR SE36501, and IBM has two test PTFs for that: SI34449 for V5R4 and SI34648 for V6R1.

You will have to open a PMR at IBM to get access to the test PTFs.

Kind regards,

Christian Bartels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed the PTF for V5R4, but the problem didn't go away.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudi,

We had an issue with these errors when we upgraded our OS to V6R1. SAP note 976837 solved the problem for us.

Cheers,

Dan