cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

balancing for background jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am using logon groups. It is very useful for dialog processing.

However when using background processing for programs this function is not functionning (also I have not opportunity to fix application server).

How to realize balancing for background jobs if I have a database server and many appliction server in a logon group (smlg)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Load balancing for background jobs is done automatically when the scheduled job does not have an application server specified,

For the system to use system load balancing to automatically select the most efficient application server to use at the moment, leave this field empty.

Read,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c4/3a7f87505211d189550000e829fbbd/content.htm

Regards

Juan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan

Firstly, you can set specific servers to function as background servers by increasing the no. of background work processes in the instance profile in RZ10(in case you have multiple application servers installed on your system and you need dedicated servers for batch processings).

Secondly, for assigning server to backgroud jobs to work as logon balancing, can be achieved by setting the EXEC. TARGET field in the define background job (SM36) screen for a particular job. You can select any available server and the job executes specifically in the same.

Regards

Chen

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more important thing to mention: when you give a specific server during job-creation and this server is not running at the jobs start time, the job will not run on another server. So the best thing is, as Rohit said, to leave the field empty and let the system choose the target server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

when you define a background Job using SM36,

In the Target server field, indicate whether to use system load balancing

For the system to use system load balancing to automatically select the most efficient application server to use at the moment, leave this field empty.

Hope this helps

Rohit