cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving wrong data from BAPIs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have a .NET (C#, ASP.NET) application that uses SAP.NET Connector 2.0 to connect to SAP.

I call a BAPI that returns something like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?><node_name><item><LIST>1.1

57,21 462,87</LIST></item>

When I see the BAPI result in SAP, I see this data correctly formatted I mean, these numbers: 1.157,21 462,87

But when I see the BAPI result from my .NET project, I'm getting something like this:

The BAPI is sending the result in a string format, NOT a table.

Does anybody know why is this happening ?

Thank you all

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried it, but it doesn't work.

I'm using a Custom Logon Settings and it doesn't allow me to change the trace parameter value to true.

What can I do ?

Thank you

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, i've set the TRACE=1 in my connection string and executed the application, but couldn't find the trace file that supposed to be be generated in my application folder.

Can you please tell me the trace file name ?

Thank you again

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The trace file is written into the application's current working directory (CWD), which is not necessarily the application's executable directory. The CWD can even change over time. The trace files usually have extension .trc and some number as name. Best you change your harddisk for files that have been created/modified recently.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry, but I'm a beginer.

Can you please tell me how can I turn on the RFC trace ?

Thank you

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a paramter in the connection string. If you are using a Destination, you can use the corresponding property. The trace file is written into the current working directory of your application.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked what is on the wire? This is really easy: Just turn on RFC trace.