Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Role Changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are in the last stage of implementation phase and have created all the roles for almost all the modules.Our team is also responsible for implementing GRC AE 5.3(Dev & Prod. Ready,testing going on).We have followed a standard naming convention in GRC/Backend for all the roles, but most of the role still does'nt follow the standard naming conventionin backend.However,unless we change their naming convention, we cannot upload those roles in the GRC for testing.Now we are facing the problem in uploading those roles(which does't meet the naming convention rule) in the GRC.Majority of roles which follow the naming convention have been uploaded successfully in the GRC ERM server.

Please suggest a way, thru which we can change those non-standard naming convention roles to the standard naming convention in mass.

Thanks,

Mukesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The best way to achieve this with little risk is to copy the roles using ECATT scripts.

If you have derived roles as well you could resort to downloading (UTF8 preferably) and changeing the rolenames in the download file with search and replace. There are some threads about manipulating downloadfiles. The biggest risks are codepage issues and messing up the fixed record length datalines.

2 REPLIES 2

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The best way to achieve this with little risk is to copy the roles using ECATT scripts.

If you have derived roles as well you could resort to downloading (UTF8 preferably) and changeing the rolenames in the download file with search and replace. There are some threads about manipulating downloadfiles. The biggest risks are codepage issues and messing up the fixed record length datalines.

0 Kudos

Many Thanks ! Jurjen,

The second option worked.As we have lots of derived role,I tried scenario for Master/Derived role download using UTF8 parameter, after then i made required changes in the file and uploaded in the r/3.

I saw the same inheritancy was maintained after renaming both roles.

Regards,

Mukesh