Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP question -GRC 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can some one clear my doubt please

1. In CUP Roles section , If I have 2 systems connected( ex : DEV and QAT) to my server when I export the role tempalte and fill in the Role attributes bla bla and when I want to import this file back I can only do it based on the System connector which is either DEV or QAT .

But however most of the roles in here are the same in DEV and QAT and in the role template's system coloumn the systems are seprated as (R/3 QUALITY(P),R/3 DEVELOPMENT(P))

so should be saving the file for each system name and import it twice , once for DEV and once for QAT even though they are similar roles ?

2.Can some one clear my doubt please

1. In CUP Roles section , If I have 2 systems connected( ex : DEV and QAT) to my server when I export the role tempalte and fill in the Role attributes bla bla and when I want to import this file back I can only do it based on the System connector which is either DEV or QAT .

But however most of the roles in here are the same in DEV and QAT and in the role template's system coloumn the systems are seprated as (R/3 QUALITY(P),R/3 DEVELOPMENT(P))

so should be saving the file for each system name and import it twice , once for DEV and once for QAT even though they are similar roles ?

2. And is there a way to create an action type in Request type , for example in request trype " change"

there is only two actions to change_user & assign_roles, what if I want to delete roles for any user or replace roles by choosing change request type.

can some one help me here

Regards

PKK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PKK,

Here is my response to your questions:

You must not import the same file again. If you try to do that either it will fail or it will overwrite existing roles. Rolename is the primary key here so be careful. Try uploading the file by specifying both the connectors in the system column and it will work without any problem. Selecting connector name on the top has not effect on importing file. The connector name is only used when you directly import roles from SAP backend system.

2. And is there a way to create an action type in Request type , for example in request trype " change"

there is only two actions to change_user & assign_roles, what if I want to delete roles for any user or replace roles by choosing change request type.

NO. Actions come out of box with CUP. Why do you want to create new actions? The assign_roles can add and remove roles.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alpesh !!

Regards

PKK