cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to work with Numeric and couplednumeric types of Taxonomy attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any please make clear with the taxonomy attribute types numeric and coupled numeric. When i select attribute type as numeric there i can find diff options like normal,maximum,minimum like wise which i didnt understand as well as the options related to couplednumeric. Proper answers will be appreciable

Regards

Yugandher

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Numeric type attribute

To allow you to organize related numeric values within a single named attribute, a numeric attribute can be defined as having up to five ratings, each of which shares the single, common attribute definition. Each rating is a standard Windows checkbox; click on it to toggle each rating on and off. The five ratings are listed in the table below; the default is Nominal. - From Reference guide

This means one numeric attribute can be used to enter 5 different values because of its rating property.

For Coupled Numeric type attribute

Unlike text and numeric attributes, a coupled numeric attribute has not just one but two names: the standard attribute name that is the name for the first primary dimension, and the coupled name that is the name for the second coupled dimension. - From Reference Guide

E.g. 20kms in 5mins - There are two dimensions distance and time. To represent this type of data coupled numeric attribute type is used.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja