SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Birthday for the businesspartner

l_molenaar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem and i hope anyone can help.

In the student masterdate (PIQSTM) tabpage "Related persons" Here you can search for a related person (button create the relationship).

Here you get a search window for the business partner. Here on tabpage "Advanced Search for Business Partner Using Search Enige" you can search for a BP via the Date of Birth.

When i enter a date of birth here and exicute the search i get the message:

"Input help was canceled"

How can i solve this so i can search via date of birth.

Thanks for answering.

Greetings Luaks Molenaar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Luaks,

Is the Business Partner you are searching for also a student? If so, you can also just use the search option 'Search by Student', where Date of Birth is just a standard search field.

Also, if you aren't able to use TREX, you could create your own search help for the business partner.

Michael

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Molenaar,

The required index has to be created in the search engine in transaction SES_ADMIN.

The index was required for:

Business object = BUS1006

Object type = 1

The search engine indexes are defined for each business object and type. If the field Object Type above contains no value, then no index exists for any type of the business object. If the field Business Object above contains no value, then a cross-object search was requested.

Regards,

Sravan V

0 Kudos

Dear Sravan,

Can you confirm that we have to install a (stand-alone) TREX server to use the transaction SES_ADMIN? Or are there other options?

Thanks in advance for your answer!

Best regards,

Jeroen Custers

Edited by: J. Custers on Mar 19, 2009 1:15 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Custers,

Yes, you need to install a TREX server because search engine is a service of the TREX, and an RFC

connection need to be established with the target server in transaction SM59.

Regards,

Sravan Kumar V

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Luaks,

Is the Business Partner you are searching for also a student? If so, you can also just use the search option 'Search by Student', where Date of Birth is just a standard search field.

Also, if you aren't able to use TREX, you could create your own search help for the business partner.

Michael

0 Kudos

Hello,

We have installed a TREX server. And when we are searching we get the proper search result.

The only problem is that when we want to select a BP we get the message "Input help was canceled"

Does anyone have any idea why?

Thanks a lot!