cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening of threads - Very slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Moderators,

I believe this is the right forum for me to post this issue, if not please direct me.

Off late i have noticed that, when i click open thread, back to thread list, try opening any forum, it takes a very long time.

But this behaviour does not exist when i have not logged into my account, but just surf through the threads, it is very fast.

It is very very frustrating to sit & wait for the screen to refresh.

I have logged in from different computers i.e. at work, home, outside on different networks, so it is not an issue with the internet, or proxies or firewalls or even the browser as i have tried with all leading browsers.

Hope someone can help.

Regards,

Vivek

Added

In my control panel, when i click on your watches it just keeps the browser in read state & after a long time says timed out. I haven't been able to see that section for more than a week now.

Edited by: Vivek on Mar 19, 2009 3:51 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rejish_balakrishnan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It even happens to me.Seems like to get updated status of all threads it takes time to fetch the database.Normally when i started SDN it was faster but when i became more active in it with 30 post a day the speed decreased gradually in WATCH forum question sections.

Could some SDN excepts scribble their opinion on this ?

michael_goeck
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

If you are talking about the "Watches" section of your profile: Yes, you are right. Unfortunately there is no paging there, so you get all you watched objects displayed on one page. Depending on the number of watched objects, it may take a very long time for this page to show up.

We will take a look at it. The problem is also that you as a user cannot do much about it, not even delete watches, since you cannot access the respective dialog

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the feedback. Well agreed that the Watches section might have delay.

But what i am unable to understand is why it is taking a very long time to reply to a query or open threads or go to any forum. I click on reply to a thread & then just wait till it loads. It is really frustrating to say the least & gradually loosing my enthusiasm to actively participate in SDN.

Hope this would be looked into & resolved.

Thanks & Regards,

Vivek

rejish_balakrishnan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just a way i usually try .Mad idea but sometimes it works..

When u r about to open links or threads in SDN , open windows task bar and click on processes tab ..Here do u find anything obvious process running in background . the showstoppers usually will be WINword.exe(if any of the word doc is not open but if still shows in process then there is a problem)

Also try to quit follwoing process and (this is just to make sure u dont have a problem with your system.)

Ctfmon.exe

jusched.exe

winword.exe(if not doc is open)

smax4pnp.exe

googleupdate.exe

adobeupdater.exe

Above all ! if u have downloaded any new software and if it is in background process then that may still distrub the usage of cookies.

Also dont delete the cookies often.

If u still dont find a change after doing this .. then MICHEAL would continue his research for u.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RBK,

Thanks a lot for your inputs, kind of you. Just to update you, i find this delay in opening threads or replying only when i login, but while i haven't logged into my account the speed of opening threads or opening forums is just fine. Also just to let you know, i have closed all possible applications when i have logged in, but has no effect.

I have also tried to do a troubleshooting with my network personnel but unable to find any issue either with the PC am working on or the network connection.

Hope the moderators can do some checks & restore back my access to as it was earlier.

Regards,

Vivek

Answers (0)