cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Workflow Java API

former_member192347
Participant
0 Kudos

I see that there are some API of Catalog object to launch workflow and add records to workflow. However are there MDM Workflow Java API available to accept workflow taks, delegate workflow task, send task to next step, send task to previous step and mark task done.

Does SAP has plan to provide functionality to control the workflow tasks?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas, Hi Abhay,

Can you let me know where I can access this new showcase you mentioned? I have a requirement in my project which matches the functionality you mentioned is covered in the showcase.

Regards,

Aniket

AndreasSeifried
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Aniket,

this is a demo, which was specifically built to show a master data management process leveraging several SAP NetWeaver capabilities. It is not available as an online version.

Regards

Andreas

AndreasSeifried
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the showcase you mention is based on general SAP NetWeaver funcionality. It uses Guided Procedures from the Composite Application Framework, Universal Worklist from the Portal and the MDM Java API. It does not use the MDM Workflow and has no special requirements on the MDM API version.

Regards

Andreas

AndreasSeifried
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay,

at the moment the API does not cover the complete workflow functionality. It is planned to extend the coverage with SP04.

Regards

Andreas

former_member192347
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your response.

How does the task and taskcommand objects are related? I tried to use ExecuteTaskCommand method on Catalog object, but it did not do anything. What the ExecuteTaskCommand method suppose to do?

I just found out that there is SAP Tutor session being published by SAP Netweaver Product Management Team, on 3/20/06 about "Central Creation of New Vendor Record", and this demo has the functionality similar to what I am looking for. What version of MDM Java APIs being used for this demo? How is it being done? Any help is appreciated.