Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excange rate should trigger in the billing document as per the billing date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have a below scenario.

Today I have created the Sales order and after 2 days I am creating the billing document. In the billing document the exchange rate is triggering as per the sales order date, but I want my billing document should be pick up the exchange rate as per the billing document date.

Please help me on this issue.

Thanks

ANGKS.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

for this ask u r FI consultant to maintain the current exchange rates in OB08

then it will be automaticlly updated

if u want to do it manually

goto VA02 in change mode in the header data select sales a tab

in pricing and statistics data u can manually enter the exchange rate

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all your replays, but still my requirement is incomplete.

Once again I am explaining here.

Step 1. I created the sales order on 01/01/2009 and Delivery.

Step 2. I created the Invoice on the same day that is 01/01/2009 the system calculates the exchange rate from the sales order pricing date which is on 01/01/2009.

Step 3. I have created the Intercompany Billing document after 2 months i.e. march.

Mean while my exchange rates are changed.

My Intercompany billing document should pick up the exchange rate as per the billing document date. This is for the march.

But the problem is: My intercompany billing document is picking the exchange rate as per the pricing date in the sales order which is 01/01/2009.

As mentioned my intercompany billing document should calculate exchange rate for March.

former_member206215
Participant
0 Kudos

To,

DEAR COLLEAGUE,

As you have only prepared sales order back to two days and whether you have posted good issue on same date or not is not mentioned if you could have posted goods issue on same date then the pricing condition procedure could have been taken from current post goods issue date, and the reference no from billing list could have been overwritten by allocation no from FI.

if you have posted good issue on same date then there may be another problem

The pricing procedure condition setting you have to check in IMG

The duration of effective price

and if you want the price which you used when you created

pricing condition type like price, surcharge, discount, fright, taxes, you have to take in to account and other setting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Up to invoice everything is fine dont bother about it.

But only the problem is exchange rate in the intercompany billing document.

My exchange rate should be calculated as per the billing document date.

Thanks

ANGKS

former_member206215
Participant
0 Kudos

To,

DEAR COLLEAGUE,

As you have only prepared sales order back to two days and whether you have posted good issue on same date or not is not mentioned if you could have posted goods issue on same date then the pricing condition procedure could have been taken from current post goods issue date, and the reference no from billing list could have been overwritten by allocation no from FI.

pricing condition type like price, surcharge, discount, fright, taxes, you have to take in to account and other setting

former_member206215
Participant
0 Kudos

To,

DEAR COLLEAGUE,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Exchange rates will trigger based on configuration in OB08.Here if you have maintained exchange rates with standard translation "M" for your currency then the system automatically takes average value based on this.It won't consider sales order date and billing date.If you want exchange rates based on your billing document date you have to maintain define your own exchange rate instead of standard.

Regards,

Hari Challa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

for your condition type

if it is PR00 goto V/06

in the control data2 tab change the pricing date as C (KOMK-FKDAT)

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Thanks for your prompt replay.

you misunderstood the question: Let me explain you one more time.

I have created a Sales Order on 01/01/2009 and this has pricing date of 01/01/2009 in EURO currency . In march i have created Billing document on 01/03/2009 in USD currency since my bill to / Payee setup in USD.

My billing document is getting exchange rate for the date 01/01/2009 -> which is the pricing date on sales order.

But my requirement is exchange rate should calculate for billing creation date which is for 01/03/2009.

Thanks

ANGKS.