cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

availability check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have two plants, Plant A and Plant B, Plant A is used for External Procurement and Plant B is used for Internal Production. We have created Separate Plants because of the difference in the physical existence.

When we create sales order for a line item we want to check the stock situation for a material in both the plants and then commit to the customer.

Currently we can check at multiple plants, but only commit from one plant. and then re enter the item again in the sales order for the alternative check. but we have lots of orders comming through EDI. where manual intervention is not possible.

My client wants is for ex if a customer orders 500 qty of a material and if 200Qty is available in Plant A and 300 is available in Plant B, then the system should check the stock in both the plants and then automatically enter two line items, one for plant A for 200 Qty and one for plant B for 300 Qty.

I saw there is a user exit USEREXIT_PLANT_SELECTION available for Multiple Plant selection, But i have never used this. did any one of u have ever used this ?? or do you know that this would work in exactly the same way as expected ??

Your Reply is much appreciated. __.____._

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hueychin_liew
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi PRASAD MODUKURI,

The 'USEREXIT_PLANT_SELECTION' is used to adjust the flow during plant transfer. A list of permitted plants, where this material is created, is determined and checked in the standard R/3 delivery. A dialog box appears where you can select the plants. The user exits allow you to modify the plant table so that plant selection takes place in advance for every flagged selection and a dialog box becomes unnecessary.

You may need to consider to meet your client requirement is in program RV03VFZZ with below:

a· USEREXIT_AVAILABILITY_IN :- contains the required quantity, you can change the field values here

before calling ATP controller to influence the check.

b· USEREXIT_AVAILABILITY_OUT :-contains the result of the standard ATP check (mdvex-mng02)

which can be modified here. Table MDVEX is used here and the proposed values and dates can be changed.

I hope the above information can be helpful to you on meeting your client's requirement.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Huey Chin