cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting reports to Excel with ITS

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have in our EP some ITS iviews. In some, we want to provide "Export to Excel" functionality, however the one that comes in ITS...well, sucks (or we're doing something wrong). It's ITS 6.20, by way.

Currently, if you want to export to excel (and open the file) you have to:

- Navigate via the menus to: Report -> Excel.

- In the window that opens, the filename must be typed in two places a) output filename b) Parameters for application

- Mark the radio button "Parameters for aplication"

We definitely don't want our users to have to do this each time. Is it possible to just open excel with the exported file, and don't ask any question whatsoever?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Can.Modify ur Iview(transaction/bsp..) in R/3 such that it provides a option for dwnlding.We hav followed the same approach and it's working fine.

Rgds,

Jothi.

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

please be more specific:

- What report are you talking about?

- How does it behave in SAPGUI for Windows?

- How does it behave in SAPGUI fro HTML?

- What is the release/SP of your SAP system?

Regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Klaus,

It's a custom transaction. Nothing special, though.

R/3 version is 4.6c.

Behaviour is as I described. When you export (by using Menu -> Report -> Export) you get a dialog window, and you need to fill the fields as I said. It does work (ie the Excel file is correctly generated and open), but what I need is to automatically export it (to a temp file) and open it, no question asked.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you may have to provide a custom button in the transaction and on click of it call fm ITS_DOWNLOAD to download the content.

Regards

Raja