cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe Connection Authentication on SAP BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I tried to create a Universe Connection on top of SAP BW query with Authentication "Use Single Sign On when refreshing reports at view time ", got the below error:

DBD: Unable to connect to SAP BW server Incomplete logon data.

I could able to connect the BW query by Authentication "Use Specific username and password" with SAP BW user name and password.

How can I create a connection with Authentication "Use Single Sign On when refreshing reports at view time "?

I have installed SAP Integration kit in my laptop and I could see "SAP" as Authentication when I open Designer.

Thanks

Jai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume that you are using at least BOE XI 3.0.

So in this case, you have to configure the CMC:

<ul><li>SAP server to be declared and configured in order to accept SSO

<li>Import roles, users

<li>Define BO licensing type

<li>etc.

</ul>Then you will be able to use SSO in the Designer.

Have a look on the SAP kit documentation that describes every step.

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Didier,

Yes we are in BOE XI 3.0. SAP Integration kit is already installed in BO server and my Laptop too.

We have completed the below 2 steps:

- SAP server to be declared and configured in order to accept SSO

- Import roles, users

SAP Server is configured in BOE CMC Authentication and imported roles and users.

I could login in Infoview or CMC with DB1~005/jai (SAP User Id).

Do I need to login Designer as SAP Authentication to create a connection for SSO authentication?

Below are the steps I tried to create universe connection:

1) Login to Designer as Enterprise Authentication

2) Click Connections and selected SAP BI driver to create connection

3) Connection working fine, if I could give my SAP login and Password

4) Connection didn't work if I select authentication - "Use SSO"

Thanks

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Didier,

Below are the installs in my laptop:

1) BO XI 3.0

2) SAP GUI

3) SAP Integration kit

Our Backend is BI 7.0, I could able to import users and roles from SAP BI 7.0 in CMC.

I logged in to Designer with SAP Authentication - User id like DB1~005/Jai. Then Tools----> Connections.

I tried to create a connection from my laptop and got the below error if I select the option - "Use SSO".

DBD: Unable to connect to SAP BW server Incomplete logon data

Please let me know do I miss any installations or settings. All I tried only from my Laptop. If I give my SAP User ID again in the user name and password I could able to connect.

Do I need to craete the same connection for SSO Authentication mode from Server (like open the BO Designer in Server)? We are in production any insight would help us a lot.

Thanks

Jai

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

are you able to logon with your SAP credentials to the CMC and to InfoView using the SAP authentication ?

thanks

INgo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ingo,

Yes I can login to Infoview and CMC with SAP Authentication.

Even I could able to login Designer with SAP Authentication.

Thanks

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ingo,

I tried the same in BO Server (Opening Designer there), it worked perfectly fine.

I am getting the error when I tried to do it from my Laptop.

Thanks

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai

You can refer to the user guide of Using SAP BW in Universe Designer from [here|http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir31/en/xi3-1_sap_olap_universes_en.pdf]

Hope this helps!!!

Regards

Sourashree

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Jai,

which components are installed on your laptop ?

thanks

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ingo.

I had the below components in laptop last week:

BO Client 3.0, Crystal 2008, Xcelsius 2008, BO SAP Integration Kit, SAP GUI 7.

I have uninstall all the components and reinstalled all the above components except Xcelsius 2008, now I could able to create a connection with SSO authentication. Looks like Xcelsuis 2008 have some compatible issue to create SSO Authentication connection.

Now I could able to create a connection with SSO authentication, but I couldn't create a universe on top of SSO Authentication connection. I have tested the connection and it worked perfect, but when I tried to create a universe I got - Connection Error.

"Error getting dimensions for cube ZEDC_M01/Z_QUERY_001 (catalog ZEDC_M01): See RFC trace file or SAP system log for more details"

But when I changed the connection from SSO to hardcoded logins, I could able to create universe.

I have checked in BO server and got the same error.

Thanks

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all. It's working now. All I need to uninstall Xcelsius 2008 from my laptop to get SSO Universe connections.

Thanks

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What happens if you need Xcelsius?

Regards,

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

I have one question,

I have also created a universe useing SSO,its working fine.But when i use this universe in Qaaws its showing error message-

GetDocumentInforamtion Exception(Error:WIS 10901)

A dataBase error Occured.The database error test is:Unable to connect to SAP BW server Incomplete logon data.

But if i use this in Webi , its working fine.

Do you have also used this in Qaaws.And if you have any idea then can tell me what is wrong here.

Thanks,

Piyush