Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authority-Check Command

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How to know under which program an authority- check command is used for a tcode. For some tcodes it will be visible under the program attached in SE93. But for me23n, me21n and some other tcodes i could not view the Authority- Check command in the program under the tcode.

Is thare any way i could find this authority check aommand?

Your answers are much appreciated.

regards,

Sandhya.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Run the program RSABAPSC and search for AUTHORITY-CHECK statements.

Cheers!!

Zaheer

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Run the program RSABAPSC and search for AUTHORITY-CHECK statements.

Cheers!!

Zaheer

0 Kudos

Hi Zaheer,

I used this report for ME21N, I didn't get any output for the same. However, it worked for other tcodes like va01.

Regards,

Gowrinadh C

0 Kudos

Hi Zaheer,

Thanks for your reply, its is very much helpful. But, i am not getting custom auth objects placed in the user exits with this. Is there any way we can find the custom objects in programs or user exits or function modules?

Also if we create a custom auth object and placed in a program with Authority-Check command and if this auth object is not checked under any tcode in su24, does SAP perform authority check on this auth object when the program is executed?

Could you please clarify these to me.

Regards,

Sandhya

0 Kudos

That report should help you find AUTH check statements in programs and function modules.

As for the custom auth objects, SU24 has to be updated manually, it helps you with PFCG role creation. Even though you may not have the SU24 updated for "custom" z transaction code, and the program has a auth check statement, then the check will be performed.

Search for weblogs from Julius....i recall it was something with ....hit by ABAB bus...

Cheer !!

Zaheer

0 Kudos

Hi sandhya,

One you have programmed the authority check it will always be excecuted every time the line of code is executed. You just have to make sure the authority check is programmed at the correct place.

Regards,

CP

0 Kudos

Hi,

Most of the custom transactions will have:

- AUTHORITY CHECK line added

- CALL TRANSACTION (calls another transaction internally)

- Parameter transaction (which will be used with SM30 to skip specific screens, or pass default values for table maintain)

If it is a parameter transaction, you can check the object list in the left side and see what objects are required. Normally, you have to do nothing with these, as it includes all the objects that are required.

The challenge is when you have the other two, where you need to perform a search and find which objects it is calling. If it is calling another transaciton, you may need to see the objects that are required for that transaction.

Hope this is useful.

Rgds,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried using RSABAPSC to analysis txn MM03, it didn't show and results.

Any idea why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandya,

You can also switch on debug mode and check for the code or programs called when using this transactions.

or else, you can find another way as well.

1. Goto transaction se16 --> enter table name usobt

2. and in the resultant screen enter transaction code (in this case me21n) and press F8.

3. you can find all the authorization objects checked for a particular transaction.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

0 Kudos

> 1. Goto transaction se16 --> enter table name usobt

Better use USOBT_C as that one reflects your customer specific settings instead of SAP standard. This however does not provide all possible AUTHORITY-CHECKS in the source code. Debugging or tracing may help to find the relevant checks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So as told by Zaheer, RSABAPSC is one way you can find what authorization are required.

Apart from that some authorization are attached in SE93 also. These are minimum authorization required to execute any tcode.

List of these you can find in table TSTCA.

Regards,

Surpreet

l_borsboom
Active Participant
0 Kudos

With abap report RPR_ABAP_SOURCE_SCAN you can execute a 'bulk scan' on abap code context (such as "AUTHORITY-CHECK") but only within ABAP programs.

Good luck!

Lodewijk