cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMR at UD level.... how it works

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have maintained the DMR at lot creation and also maintained at inspection header level

as lot level and attached the corresponding DMR to it.

My DMR rule:

Stage 10

OK

No of Inspections : 1

New ins stage : 20

NOTOK

No of rejections : 1

New ins stage : 10

Stage 20

OK

No of skips 1

New ins stage 10

NOTOK

No of rejections 1

New ins stage 10

It is perfectly working fine for lot creation level as I can see some skip lots generated in ins.lots and it directly move to unrestricted use .

My problem is when I did for DMR at UD level and also maintained in ins plan header as lot level attached with right DMR to it.I have applied the same above rule and try to see the difference from lot level to UD level but I couldnu2019t figure out.

I have got all my inspection lots continously skipping.and material is directly moving to unrestricted use as same as lot creation level......is tht anything do with rule?

Please explain step by step process like how UD level works in DMR and let me know the difference of lot level and UD level

Please advise.

Regards,

Akash

Edited by: chidprakash on Mar 19, 2009 12:20 AM

Edited by: chidprakash on Mar 19, 2009 12:28 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nehal

You are absolutely right. DMR is independent of how you maintain PO and it only depends on the GR (lot creation) and material, vendor plant combination which is maintained in the quality level

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akash

basic difference between UD & lot level is;

Dynamic Modification at the Usage Decision:

If you set this indicator, the system updates the quality level after the usage decision has been made for the inspection lot.

Lot creartion:

you set this indicator, the quality level is updated immediately when the inspection lot is created after sample determination.

Now when you have applied DMR at Inspection plan header which is of Lot creation level,as lot is creatde Quality level will change..that means irrespective of your usage decision lot will skip.

that means even if lot is under QI ,Quality level will chege.This you must have observed.

But when you have applied at UD level..Until and unless you take UD Quality level will not update.When you accept it will move to Next level(10->20).and when you reject lot stage 10(from 20->10) will excecute.

Your number of lots continuosly skipping means you have not take UD for the lot so it has remained in stage 20(skip).Now take UD as accept or reject then quality level will change.

I hope you have understood....

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot sujit...I got it.I have one more question...what would happen if I assign more than one material in my purchase order..I mean if I write the purchase order for 4 materials and assigned DMR for each material differently in inspection plan using different counters...how inspection lot reacts ?

as each material has its own DMR in same PO .

Appreciate your help!

Regards,

Akash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

its very easy...

If you are controlling a Po for multiple items then wheather you take individaul UD?

If yes,As per my knowledge when all materials have skip status then only whole Lot will skip.But even if a single material is under inspection then that material will come under inspection while other will be desabled.

This happens when you maintain a DMR at char level.Only that char which has unskip status will be visible/enable other will be gray.

Regards

Sujit

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would like to add in Sujit's answer that system maintain quality level Material, plant and vendor combination. So if you are purchasing 4 diff. material from same vendor then system will update quality level for all material separately and accordingly system will generate SKIP lot.

Let me know if you have any more question on this.

Please correct me Sujit if I am wrong here.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes

Nehal is right...If DMR has catagories ( can be seen in inspection plan header )

Like material ,vendor,Customemer& manufacturer.

So when we receive materials from same Vendor and applied DMR to all materials then Quality level will change.

Regards

Sujit