cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap Gui Install Breaks IE7

0 Kudos

First time poster - so take it easy on me.

Has anyone had a problem with the SAP Gui install breaking IE7? If I just run the upgrade .exe to patch 11 or 12 then everything works fine, but when I bundle everything up into a new install package through the NwSapSetupAdmin tool and run it on a machine it breaks IE7 new tabs and windows.

What I mean by "breaks" is that after the install runs you can no longer open a link in a new tab or window. It just spins until you either 1) close the tab or window or 2) stop and refresh the tab/window - to which it will refresh and load the page properly.

I suspect there is some sort of .dll that is getting overwritten, but I am at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, are in your package the BI to? Try to read the

Note 1159538 - Issues in Internet Explorer after you uninstall front end

about mshtml.tlb

Regards.

0 Kudos

Thanks... that helped.

Basically, I just have to register this file.

Sapregsv.exe mshtml.tlb

Edited by: Michael Collyar on Mar 19, 2009 3:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that post!!

I searched now over 1 day for the solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks also! I came across the problem whilst upgrading SAP GUI from 6.20 to 7.10. I guess the automatic uninstall of 6.20 caused the problem.....

Drove me crazy for a while, because it blocked the window.open() Javascript function, which a specific application uses frequently. Basically, upgrading SAP GUI killed this other (very important) application. I then noticed, after reading several posts, that the Open New Tab and Open New Window were also broken.

Exactly why re-registering the Type Library fixes the problem is a mystery though. A quick search shows that mshtml.tlb is used for saving offline webpages in MHT format. I guess it serves other purposes too.

Thanks again,

Andy

Answers (0)