cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting the message from a queue and canceling a message from XI IE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have scenario where I am using message processing through queues in EOIO manner.

Suppose a queue got stuck for a message in that queue, shall I delete the message from the queue or cancel the message from XI Integration Engine?

Please tell me the difference between deleteing a message fom queue and canceling the same message from XI Integration Engine.

Thanks

Sugata B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree - cancellig the message is the supposed way to go and most consistent. The system will ask you if you really wnt to cancel - due to the fact that it's a EOIO scenario. But for documentation purposes it's the best way.

The deletion is not really a "dirty" way but - in my eyes - should only be used if there is no other way. The consistency is not fully guarantied here.

Regards,

Kai

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sugata,

A very simple and down to earth explanation is that deleted messages will not be archived in case you want to archive them in future. Whereas the canceled ones no processing will be done and you can archive them.

Regards

joel

Satyagadadas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI ,

Better always cancel the message from IE monitor, which free the queues and puts message as cacnelled which will be archived later if you those jobs.

Deleting the message from the queue, you are pausing the message processing, which will not update the message status. You need to restart or cancel this message later.

I hope It clears.