cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing owner of scheduled job

Former Member

Dear All,

I have scheduled one job via sm36.Now I have to change the owner of this job.

Is that possible,if yes then please suggest.

Regards,

AS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member603052
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AS,

If you want to change the user(owner) of the STEP then goto SM37>select the job you want to change(in released state) and then *JOB->Change* Now click STEP button and select the step and click change icon on application toolbar.Now you can change the name of USER

Regards,

Kalyan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

hello AS,

You can't change the owner with which the job was scheduled,say you have defined a job A with user ddic you will have to recreate that job if you want to schedule it from different user.

But you can change the owner of the step in the job,say you have a program in a job A defined as step and which runs with different user id,you can change this

Hope it helps

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx Rohit,

But you can change the owner of the step in the job,say you have a program in a job A defined as step and which runs with different user id,you can change this

How to do this..??

And as far as not changing the owner I have heard.

Anyways will update.

Regards,

AS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx Rohit,

How to do this..??

And as far as not changing the owner I have heard.

Anyways will update.

Regards,

AS

Former Member
0 Kudos

To change the 'step-user', go to sm37, select the next released job and change the job. Press F6 and mark a step and click on change again. Now you can change the user-id. This user-id is the one which is used for authorization-checks and so on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello AS,

You can't change the owner who has scheduled the job

but sometimes like in our company ,we schedule the job with one user and define the steps to be performed within that job by another user,

as far as I understand you dont need to wworry about that

but if u want to change the job reschedule the job with the user that you want

Rohit