cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM and SAP DMS Content server integration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sap Gurus,

We are having a requirement to maintain the External documents (relating to Shopping Cart and POs) of SRM in the DMS content server,

is this possible? if so what is the methord that should be used to connect SRM and DMS Content server.

please eloborate.

also we would love to make use of DMS funtionality for maintaining documents in SRM, which i tought is not at all possible as we could not run any of the DMS Transaction in SRM like CV01N /2 /3/ 4, is there any way to integrate DMS and SRM.

Points Awaiting for usefull answers.

Thanks and Kind Regards

Priya S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

If i understand your question correctly you want to transfer documents which are attached at the shopping cart level in SRM to flow in to ECC at PR or PO level? If that the case following steps require to have documents flow into ECC.

SRM Side:

Implement BADI BBP_CREATE_BE_RQ_NEW (If you are on classic scenario i.e. Shopping cart to PR creation) or BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW (For extended classic) with following code:

cs_ctrl_att-BE_DOC_TYPE = 'SRM'.

cs_ctrl_att-BE_storage_cat = 'DMS_C1_ST'.

cs_ctrl_att-TRANSFER_ACTIVE = 'X'.

ECC Side:

-Create new document type for SRM with T.code DC10. Following parameters need to be set for that

a. Check Use KPro

b. Check Version Assignment

c. Check Change Docs

d. Assign Internal number range as u201C02u201D and external number range as u201C01u201D

e. Select Number Exit u201CMCDOKZNRu201D

f. Version number increment u201C1u201D

g. File Size u201C10000000u201D

- Assign following Object links to the new created document type u201CSRMu201D.

a. Type as u201CSRMu201D

b. Object as u201CEBANu201D and u201CEKPOu201D respectively

c. Object description as u201CPurchase req. itemu201D and u201CPurchase order itemu201D respectively

d. Screen number u201C247u201D for EBAN and u201C248u201D for EKPO.

- Request basis to verify DC30 transaction code that all the necessary document type are allowed to x'fer (i.e. .doc, .xls , .jpg etc)

With this setting we were able to successfully transfer document from SRM side to ECC side.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ritesh,

thanks much for your response,

but the actual senario is different we would only like to transfer the SRM external documents in to DMS content server and not all the shopping cart or Pr to ECC

the requirement is simple as to not to Load the SRM server with external documents or attachments we would like to have this documents in a different Server (here inside DMS content server) so that the documents are accessed and retrived from Content server every time by SRM.

in our case we create the complete cycle in SRM Shopping cart to PO in SRM itself,

and also we have SAP DMS content server, so can we make use of this Content server to store and retrive documents related to SRM.

in simple words can SRM make use of DMS content server to store and retrive its Attachments and documents.

Thanks and Regards

Priya S

Edited by: Priya S on Apr 1, 2009 5:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

let me put it more clearly,

We are planning to use DMS Content server for storing and retriving externl documents in SRM,

we may not be using DMS funtionality as i think DMS funtionality is only for SAP R/3,

so my question like wise we are making use of Content server so as not to load the SAP Data base,

can we make use of the Same Content server for SRM also, so as not to load the SRM Data base.

if so how to configure this, i think the confuguration has to be done in SRM system, just like we do it for SAP R/3 in OAC0 TC,

any one who have done this please share your details.

Thanks and regards,

Priya S

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sap gurus,

We are having a requirement regarding the integration of EMC documentum content server with SAP.

Can any one please let me know the steps /procedure for this integration.

regards

Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sap Gurus

we are using Extended classic senario of SRM, and Shopping cart, PRs, POs are created in SRM and remains in SRM only,

and here in Shopping cart, PRs, and POs we attach external files relevantly,

we have a requirement to transfer the SRM external documents in to a different content server,

the requirement is simple as to not to Load the SRM server with external documents or attachments we would like to have this documents in a different Server (here inside content server) so that the documents are accessed and retrived from Content server every time by SRM.

Going to Transaction OAC0, we could see there are different content repositories available, having Document area, and storage Type mainly SAP System database.

here let me know among the list of different content repositories available which one specifically deals with external file attachment storage, so that i can change the storage Type to a Content server

is this the correct way to transfer our SRM external files to a different Content server,

Points sure for any correct answers,

Thanks and Regards

Priya,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Acuall procedure for integrating SRM AND DMS is as follows,

1.OAC0- Creation of the SAP Content Repository

a.ArchiveLink

b.HTTP Content Server

2 repositories were created one with a Document Area of Archive Link and another with a document area of DMS.

SRM will use the Content Repository with the DMS document area.

Maintain categories->

The storage category links the storage category with a content repository.

SRM will reference the storage category and from this configuration determine the storage location as a content repository.

respect ur specific Q for other areas u will find while configuring cotent repositry.

1.u will find FTP wile u configuring ur content repository.

this is used for external file handling purpose.

benakaraj es

Edited by: benaka rajes on Jun 2, 2009 8:00 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Priya,

did you ever end up resolving your issue?  i have the exact same requirement, and i thought i had set it up correctly (created content respository in oac0 with storage area DMS2, created category in oact, and assigned category to class in transaction SKPR08 (for class BBP_P_DOC (where previous category was "BBPFILESYS").  however, when i attach a document, it looks fine during the creation of the SC, but after it is "ordered", the attachment dissappears.  so something must be blocking the attachment from being saved to the content server.  unfortunately, there is no error message provided to the user, so i cannot really tell what the issue is.

any thoughts?  fyi, i am on SRM SErver 7.02, level 5.

cheers