cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC AC 5.3 Logging strategy in multi server nodes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have GRC AC 5.3 SP6 and 5.2 10 landscapes and PRD system are running with multiple server nodes. SAP recomends to use SAP Logger instead of Java Logger in multi server environment, but i am not able to find out complete documentation on this.

Can someone please give pointers on configuring GRC logging in NWA - which all Categories needs to be defined,etc,etc.

And after this configuration, will we be able to see the logs of scheduled jobs with same details as shown in GRC --> Background Job -> View Logs.

Thanks

Davinder

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your time and help.

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Ensure that you select the "/Application/CC" node while viewing the logs.Also make sure to set the severity level corresponding to /Application/CC node in Visual Administrator too.

Hope this helps.

Harleen

SAP GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harleen,

Thanks for your time. Here are my observations

1. When we have created categories and then deinfed Logging and Tracing (with Severity level ALL) in NWA - these entries have also been reflected in Visual Administrator -> Log Configuration.

2. We will have to restart SAP system after changing logging strategy from Java Logger to SAP Logger.

3. After this change and restart, only upcoming new jobs scheduled/run will be displayed in NWA, jobs ran in the past will never be displayed in NWA.

Severe Problems faced when checking logs through NWA:

1. Logs through NWA are not at all readble as one entry is displayed in one row, whereas checking logs in RAR - VIew Logs was very convenient (similar to reading a text file).

Is it possible to customize the display format of log files in NWA to something like text files,etc?

2. When we try to donwload the logs from NWA, server produces huge dumps files of size in GBs (hpfa files which are memory dumps) - and before this download is completed - server crashes after around 15 minutes of starting log downloads - no free space availbale as everything has been taken by these memroy dumps (around 7GB).

Any further pointers on handling GRC AC logs (multiple server nodes) in NWA would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Davinder

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Once you configure SAP Logger, you will not be able to see the logs from

GRC --> Background Job -> View Logs.

Please refer the Monitoring Tools in the Security guide which explains how you can see logs through Netweaver Administration Tool.

Hope it helps

Regards

Harleen

SAP GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harleen,

Thanks for your reply.

With reference to GRC operation guide (Page 11 to 14), we have already created NWA categories for GRC applications, configured Logging and Tracing options with Severity Level "ALL".

And now when we are checking, GRC logs through NWA - it only shows logs related to background thread stopped and started, there is no information about the scheduled jobs and what those jobs are doing. I mean View Logs in RAR, gives you much more detailed information about the jobs which are running, but nothing is visible in NWA.

So i am not sure whether, there is a problem with my configuration or its problem with GRC logging level.

Would appreciate if you can share your experience.

Thanks

Davinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Need your kind attention for this message.

Thanks

Davinder