cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concatenate text to a variable

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm working on a check form, and I need to insert commands that allow that tell the printer to enter into 'MICR Mode' to display the MICR font on the check. I have a variable called 'gv_micr_line' which contains the 3 sets of numbers that need to be printed in MICR font. I need to add characters to the front and back of that variable, which enables it to communicate with the printer. I need thevariable to display as: &%SMDgv_micr_line$ . Will the concatenate statement allow me to do this, while not losing the value assigned to the variable, and if so how can I do this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

use concatenate and concatenate 3 parts, ur control text start then variable the control text end and concatenate into some other variable and use it

Former Member
0 Kudos

So I separate each into 3 parts.

c1 = '&%SMD',

c2 = gv_micr_line, "variable containing text to be displayed in micr font

c3 = '$',

c4 type .....

concatenate c1 c2 c3 into c4.

So I would concatenate these into a new variable named 'c4', but will this new variable still contain the same value as the original?

Former Member
0 Kudos

C4 will be only used for passing it to print as it contains control text too and when u need the actual value u can refer to c2 always.

If this is not what u are looking for then can u explain ur scenario a bit more elaborately

кu03B1ятu03B9к

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree to kartik. I also think the '&' in the text maybe causing problems

Gr., Frank