cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win OS with previous SAP install

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Windows Server that use to have an SAP install on D drive. All drives were destroyed and new drives were assigned to install a fresh new system.

SAPINST is ending in error:

ERROR 2009-03-18 12:55:51

FSL-02106 Path contains reserved character ('"'): "D:\usr\sap\SMD\SYS\profile\START_J98_FCCRP000"

Runing uninstall is giving the same results.

That file and path were recreated and SAPLOC and SAPMNT shares were assigned to D:\usr\sap

Now I am getting...

ERROR 2009-03-18 13:13:40

CJS-30005 Cannot change SAPDrive for system CRP from 😧 to C:: share saploc exists.

Should I remove windows registry entries manually? Any info about the best way to do this.

Any advice on how to clean OS from previous install? I am not allowed to install a new OS.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

start->run->regedit -->expand hkeylocalmachine and expand software and delete sap folder . And expand hkeylocalmachine --->exp system ---> exp controlset01 and delete all sap based folder and do the same in control02. And then restrat then install freshly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. Removing the services from the registry was good enough.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In windows all the information will be stored in Registry. Since its not the proper un-install, you are facing the problem like this. You can either remove the entries in registry or the install fresh OS and do the SAP installation.

Regards,

JP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you run the uninstall to remove SAP software first?

thanks,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Check the results of 'net share'..

Try net share sapmnt /delete and net share saploc /delete.

Regards,

Yoganand.V